1. What is your favorite summer drink? root beer floats or Watermelon Slammers from Friendly’s – I know you can get them year round but they always feel very summery to me. I’m craving a Watermelon Slammer right now… Or a root beer float – haha
2. What is the best summer sport to play? DodgeResponsibilities? Extreme Sprinkler Running Through? haha I’m not athletic at all – I like going swimming, but won’t go past like the 4 ft water cause I don’t swim well. Don’t like volleyball or any of those things. I like summer walks through the park, or even just down the street. Ext
3. What’s the best summer sport to watch? Yeah I’m just not a sporty person – I like watching baseball and Nascar and even then only in small doses. Football is okay if the Patriots are playing.
4. Do you like the ocean, the pool or the lake? I prefer an ocean or lake, but will settle for a pool as long as it’s not too deep (it can have a deep end, so long as there’s a shallow end, too – I’m not picky). I was born in CA and the warm weather preference has never gone away so my only real requirement is the water not be cold – at all – like below 70, I’m not getting in and I’ll still complain at 70 for sure.
5. Some folks drink whiskey in the winter and gin, tequila (margaritas) or rum drinks in the summer. Does your alcohol of choice change? Not really – I’m not a big drinker but I suppose in the summer I need the drink to be a bit more quenching – like a Mike’s or a Smirnoff twist, in the winter I might have a few more mudslides than usual… Okay maybe the answer really is yes?
6. What is your favorite summer song? Summertime by Sublime is the first one that comes to mind, but there are others – I love listening to Gwen Stefani, also kind of a reggae / Long Beach sound, obviously, and Jack Johnson also has that kinda tropical sound that is nice in the summer, but I listen to them year round.
7. What was your best summer growing up? How old were you and why was it best? No one summer comes to mind – I always liked summer growing up, because I got to see my extended family, fireworks, our town’s parade, etc. not to mention long days meant an extended curfew in my house.
8. Have you ever had a summer romance that you knew would end? I recall one summer relationship (I won’t say his name) that I assumed would end, I started seeing him with about 2 weeks left, and only really went for it because I’d just been dumped and was trying to boost my self esteem – a kind of “look what I can, who needs that other guy” thing – but I ended up dating that summer guy on and off for quite some time, despite going to school an hour away. It’s funny, that relationship is kind of synonamous with summertime or school vacations in general now.
9. How old were you when you first went skinny-dipping? Who were you with? I’ll let you know when it happens. Talk about blog fodder!
Want to share your summertime memories, favorites, etc.? Fill out the answers in your own blog and you can link up at the Saturday 9 blog and read others answers, too – a nice way to spend one of these lazy days of summer for sure!