I sooo wanted to do one of these swaps – I kept hearing about it and seeing the pictures and thinking, “Oh I want to play!” and now The Pink Potpourri is hosting one and I signed up!
See? So if you have favorite things (and I know you do!) you should definitely click the pretty pink button or this link and sign up, too! Maybe we can be swap partners and sing songs from the ‘Sound of Music’ together and it’ll be awesome! aka Be there or be squarely left out of the fun. You have until August 25 to sign up!
Teaser Tuesdays asks you to:
Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us 2 sentences from that page.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
Please avoid spoilers!
Astonishment, apprehension, and even horror, oppressed her. She wished to discred it entirely, repeatedly exclaiming, “This must be false! This cannot be! This must be the grossest falsehood!” – and when she had gone through the whole letter, though scarcely knowing anything of the last page or two, put it hastily away, protesting that she would not regard it, that she would never look in it again.
- from page 149 of Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Patrice @ Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman is off to college today, and she let me guest post for her! It was my first guest post ever (and therefore my best?)!!
Poor kid. She never saw it coming.
But seriously – go read it!!
This week’s Top 5 Tuesday at Supernanny Where Are You? is all about movie soundtracks – you know when you are watching a movie thinking, “My gosh this music is incredible?” I know I do this all the time – so here are the 5 movies off the top of my head that have the greatest soundtracks:
- Phantom of the Opera – I think the music in this movie is better than the movie itself, at least the recent one by Andrew Lloyd Webber – it’s one of mine and dh’s favorite movies, and we always end up getting the music stuck in our heads for weeks afterwards…
- Garden State – I actually listen to the Garden State soundtrack all the time and love it – it’s very indie rock / folky and all the different artists are so good. I think my favorite is probably ‘Only Living Boy in New York’ by Simon and Garfunkle but the whole thing is excellent.
- Juno – The only thing better than the movie Juno, was the soundtrack. I especially love that song, “We sure are cute for two ugly people…” – oh the song is called ‘Anyone Else But You’ and it’s by the Moldy Peaches but I like Ellen Page and Michael Cera singing it even better. And again, I always get that soundtrack stuck in my head.
- Chicago – Cell Block Tango, All That Jazz, Razzle Dazzle – the music IS the movie and both are so, so good! A lot like Phantom of the Opera I guess in that it kind of started with the musical and was turned into a movie later so obviously the music is great, but yeah there you go…
- Across the Universe – Being born in the 80′s, I can say I love the Beatles, but you know I can only love them so much, having never seen them in their hayday, but this movie made the music come alive for me in an awesomely unreal kind of way. And now I love the Beatles in a whole new amazing way. And yeah of course the soundtrack is amazing – how could it not be?
So what are you’re Top 5 Movie Soundtracks?
So, the BookRoomReview and auther Mia King are giving away this awesome little bundle:
Valued at over $80, our “Life is Sweet” Hawaiian gift basket includes:
one small gold box of Chocolate Dipped Original Shortbread Cookies
one gold box of Kohala Brownie Assortment
one petite box of Hawaiian Macadamia Nut Rocky Road
one petite box of Combination (Dark and Milk) Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts
three Dark Chocolate Dipped Original Shortbread cookies
one Original Biscotti with Milk Chocolate waves
one Original Biscotti with Dark Chocolate Waves
one signed copy of GOOD THINGS
one signed copy of SWEET LIFE
an assortment of temporary hibiscus tattoos, tropical key chains, monogrammed GOOD THINGS and SWEET LIFE pens, inspiring quote cards (you know I love quotes!), bookmarks, and more!
All of this comes in a lovely keepsake woven basket for you to store your favorite Mia King books.
And you know I’d love to win this, so of course I’m posting, but here’s the sweetest part – for every 50 people who enter this contest, Mia King is going to give away ANOTHER prize package – so everyone reading this, if you like Chocolate, Hawaii and books, you so need to enter this giveaway. You can read a review of Sweet Life here, it sounds like just the right sort of book to curl up to with a nice pound of chocolate or two. And of course, right about now, that’s exactly what I’d like to be doing!