So like three days ago Jiggity Jigg posted this meme which I’ve seen floating around a few blogs, but today I’m feeling kinda listless and blah and looking for some excuse to blog about something but have nothing in mind to blog about – as made evident in my terribly cliched Aloha Friday this week, sorry about that… Anyway, she writes at the end of her post:
“Okay how about this? If you want it, take it! Having a slumpy blog day? Go forth and blogeth the Meme!
Or you know, if you don’t love a Meme or you have all kinds of other good stuff to blog out, just skip this one and go on with your bad self.”
I think my situation today falls under the first category, don’t you? I certainly have nothing better to do and no desire whatsove to skip this, so here you go guys, first the rules:
- Link the person who tagged you
- Mention the rules on your blog
- Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
- Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them
- Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.
How come only the 5 rules? Don’t you think there should be a 6th rule? I think I’ll add one just to be difficult:
#6 bonus rule: Feel free to break all rules at your own leisure…
Yeah that seems better… So yeah, I’m sure there are like 80 gazillion unspectacular quirks attributed to yours truly, but I’ll try to keep it narrowed down to 6 (now I’m feeling pressured, what if I can only think of like 3… ack…) Okay let’s get started before this post get’s any longer…
- When I read a book, I often get this strange urge to cheat and read the last page… but then always regret it, and so I’ll like turn to the last page, but be like half covering my eyes, like, “No don’t tell me… no tell me… no don’t…”
- I cannot not scratch an itch, pick at a scab, poke a bear with a stick – Well okay I’ve never poked a bear with a stick, but if there were a bear here, and I had a stick, and the bear had an itchy scab, I’d be poking the heck out of said bear. Like crazy. You know it.
- I rarely make any sense whatsoever.
- I laugh at my own jokes. I often find my jokes funnier than anybody else’s perhaps just because they are mine, but maybe because I am The Funniest Person Alive (talk about setting myself up for failure).
- I tend to get obsessed with tv shows and movies and start feeling like they are real – or that celebrities’ lives are just as important as my own, hence posts like this or this. I wonder about what happens when the cameras turn off and get very wrapped up in it all – to be fair, I am a writer, so I suppose maybe this is only natural?
- Sometimes I think I worry too much, get stressed out too easily, and have way too high expectations or way too unimportant concerns. Is that being a mother? A woman? A crazy person? Is it just me?
- I’m going to stop now because that was 6 quirks or whatever.
- Seriously I’m done, leave me alone.
- Oh right – tagging – Well I tag the untaggable people – the ones sitting here reading this yelling, “PICK ME. CHOOSE ME. LOVE ME.” Stop yelling and start memeing already!
- Your mom.