Every time I see my little boy smile…
About Photo Hunt:
A theme is given each Saturday. Post a photo, on your site, that represents the theme, then link up at tnchick.com, home of the Photo Hunt.
Can you believe somebody out there wants to know 7 MORE random things about me? I know I was surprised, too. But Andrea @ Simple Things totally tagged me yesterday to tell you all 7 “weird” things about myself. Let’s see, last time I did this meme, I told you all about me, my childhood, my parents, my strange decorating ideas & how much I want a puppy (oh so much). In fact sometimes I think I talk about myself far too much. But what is there about ME that you might not know?
- Sometimes when I’m bored I like to pretend that I’m not just boring old me at boring old place, but secretly a secret agent or a ninja, and I was sent to the supposedly boring location to do something amazing – maybe I find a note under my water glass instructing me to meet a certain stranger in the coat rack at 9 hundred hours or something. Something devious. And probably the lipstick in my bag is really an amazing weapon / video camera designed specifically for me – but it’s ALSO lipstick, also designed specifically for me. Yeah I totally did that last night at the wedding dh and I went to. I’ve shown this video before, but it’s always a good one and totally shows that I’m not the only one:
- I like to listen to one CD obsessively at a time – sometimes for months, sometimes just a week, but always until it has nearly completely worn out it’s welcome. Right now, I’m all about John Mayer’s “Where The Light Is” and I’m rocking out to it in my mind right now even though it isn’t playing. I don’t really listen to music in the apartment, pretty much just in the car now that I have a son who would rather watch PBS than listen to John Mayer (go figure, right?). But in my mind, I’m strumming on the old guitar, singing, “Go on and tell your friends EXACTLY what Johnny did…” complete with twangy overtones and contempt for whoever the song is about (my guess is Jessica Simpson? who knows). Hopefully John gets the memo and gets JNatalie’s number soon so he can be happy and my matchmaking skills can finally come to fruition.
- I like to go on tangents and often begin talking about one thing and end up talking about something completely different with no earthly idea how I got there. My husband is often amazed by it. Or annoyed. You know. Whatev.
- I like saying things like “whatev” and “le tired” and “wicked pissah” to make myself feel young and hip, which is silly because to many people I still am young and hip probably, but at 25 years old I often feel closer to like 50 in degrees of tiredness and general point in life edness. Or maybe 35. You know. “Whatev” I feel old!! So I act young and hip to rebel against my body and … The Man, whoever he is.
- Ever since I saw the movie “What Happens in Vegas” I have been searching for an opportunity, any opportunity to talk about junk-punching. It doesn’t come up much, so I’ve had to resort to a couple of completely irrelevent situations (like while playing PackRat on Facebook and I’m all annoyed cause I’ve been looking for one damn card for like 3 days with no luck…) to just bring it up anyway and sometimes, just look up at my husband and say, “You know why.” And he knows.
- You should really see that movie. And also Boondock Saints. And Elf. And The Princess Bride. And Elmo in Grouchland. And Roman Holiday. And then I think, after all that, we can talk.
- But I might be wrong.
And I’m totally not tagging people because I’ve filled out this meme twice now and I think recently have done other memes and I’m tired of tagging, I’m tired of the mundanity of it all, man. So if you want to meme, get on with your badself. And if you don’t? Don’t.