I didn’t get tagged to do this meme, but we all know that’s never stopped me in the past. I saw it most recently at Jenni’s blog @ Jiggety Jigg, but I’ve seen it a few other places, too.
The idea of this meme is to photograph all the stuff in your bag and try to make it not look like crap without making it obvious that you went to great lengths to make it not look like crap. Make sure not to tell people if you’ve retaken the pictures a few times until they finally came out presentable and non-sloppy. The idea is to come across as natural and not embarrassed by yourself as possible, mkay?
So, here’s what’s in MY bag:
The Detail Shmetails:
- wallet and checkbook
- three packages of tissues, just in case
- and let’s go ahead and get the elephant out of the room (or ap-o-boos as my son calls it) one menstrual pad, again, just in case
- my car’s stereo and my ipod
- as many pens and pencils in as many colors as I could find; as many of them as I could cram into the bag and then some – because when you only have one, you can never find it when you need it – so I keep about ten in there to increase my odds of finding a pen – you’d be surprised how often I still can’t find one.
- a spare pair of socks, nylon sockie things called Kushyfoot – because if it’s spelled wrong it means they are more comfortable – for dressier shoes & a bandanna for when my hair decides randomly in the middle of my day that it hates me.
- a Zales box, because I’m having my engagement ring and wedding ring welded together and there was an ordeal and I ended up with a ring box and no clue where to put it in the meantime. Why would I need a ring box when I’m not wearing a ring or carrying one?
- The warranties for my rings so I can pick them up when they’re done.
- Iced tea flavored water packages by Special K and another white tea flavorish one for dh by Crystal Light – but we’ve been drinking plain water for the past month or so and I haven’t been using them anymore really.
- A compact mirror that I’ve never used but feel the need to carry around because I’m a woman and I hear women carry compact mirrors in their purses.
- A bookmark – you never know when you’ll need a bookmark and if I’m gonna whip one out in public it had better be pretty and pink and made of sheer ribbon with a gem attached to it. It had just better, okay?
- Pink Tic Tacs for the cure – because I cared about breast cancer at some point last year. This year I cared about the cure by buying crescent rolls and cookie dough, which I’ll actually use because they’re bad for me.
Now some of you may be wondering, Jen, where’s your makeup? Don’t you carry makeup in your purse? The answer is no, that’s not in my bag, baby. Or on my face. Cause I’m WEIRD.
So, what’s in YOUR bag? I’m tagging EVERYBODY who reads this – you’ve all been tagged in the greatest tag-tagging catastrophe of all time!!!!!!!!! Okay, I’ll stop now, sorry. But you really are tagged – go do it!