Snagged this Christmas themed meme @ Trish’s blog, Another Piece of the Puzzle. Now that Turkey Day is officially behind us, I can fully focus my energies on The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year!
Getting To Know Your Friends – Christmas Edition
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I prefer gift bags but they get expensive so I try to stick to wrapping paper (brown kraft paper) and then splurge on a couple gift bags for the harder to wrap things.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial, just seems more sensible and economically savvy to me
3. When do you put up the tree? It’s different every year. I wanted to put it up last night but hubby vetoed that idea. Probably early to mid December
4. When do you take the tree down? Our first Christmas it stayed up for months – it might have been April when we finally took it down. I don’t remember last year but it wasn’t up nearly that long.
5. Do you like eggnog? I LOVE eggnog in no uncertain terms
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I can’t even remember which means I either got terrible gifts growing up or the present part just really isn’t that important. I was never really a toys kid though, I preferred books, because even as a child I was a stuff middle aged woman.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Probably my husband or else his brother – who I just make dh pick out presents for. The hubby simply has most anything he needs and doesn’t want and crave stuff to the extent that I do.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My son – there is no shortage of things I’d like to buy him and he is like me and loves pretty much everything.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No but I’d like one, despite not being very religious.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? So far I’m still mailing them but if I were smart I’d just email
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Probably the Jazzy Santa my son got when he was 1 – I’m sure they thought it was funny but the guy was creepy and really, for a one year old? I just don’t get it.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? We just watched The Shop Around the Corner last night and I absolutely fell in love. I also love Elf, White Christmas, and Rudolph
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Sometime in November usually, sometimes even as early as October. I’m actually done Christmas shopping, apart from a few more stocking stuffers which I’ll pick up over the course of the month. We kept our list very small this year though so it didn’t take long.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Did I mention that Jazzy Santa? My friend S thought it was hysterical so I gladly passed it on to her that same year.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? COOKIES – I’m a gluttonous cookieaholic!
16. Lights on the tree? Sure, any color is pretty! We usually do multi colored but I like the white lights, too
17. Favorite Christmas song? Baby It’s Cold Outside – I love the version Will Ferrell and Zoey Deschenal do in Elf. Meghan Mullalley and Big from Sex and the City did a pretty terrific version too on her talk show once.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Well we do leave the home, but not out of state, just to visit various relatives. We like to do Christmas morning at home first though.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Maybe if you give me enough time I always mix up a couple though. With the help of Google though I’m golden!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We’ve had a star for the last couple of years because our artificial tree has one permanently placed there, but I prefer angels – but there are a lot of really ugly angel toppers out there whereas stars seem pretty difficult to Uglify. When I find the perfect angel I’ll buy a tree with no permanent topper. Ours is nice and tiny though and fits well in our little apartment – also came prelight with those fiberglass light things. Very pretty. If it weren’t for the tacky star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Well my birthday is Dec 24 so I get to open presents both days usually, but Christmas Presents get opened Christmas day.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The crazy traffic and crowds in the stores. It’s insane and can really put me in a grouchy non-Christmasy mood.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love angels, beyond that anything is pretty – I go for a mix matched bunch of ornaments from my childhood, dh’s childhood and a few new ones – plus the stuff permanently fixed on the tree.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Who cares about Christmas dinner? When are the cookies coming out?
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A couple new sweaters and some games for our new Wii
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Whoever really likes memes or Christmas or memes about Christmas?