So it’s kind of an on-going thing in our house that dh will ask for some yummy baked good, like my world famous(ish) chocolate chip cookies, and I’ll laugh and laugh, and say, “Maybe if you buy me a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer.” And of course at the price they go for, this hasn’t happened yet. Well if I win the giveaway at My Wooden Spoon, dh will be getting a whole lot of cookies!
Lori is giving away your choice of either Kitchenaid Immersion Blender, a Cuisinart Food Processor, or a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer! Well you know which one I put my vote in for, but I want to share the love and make sure you all get a chance to vote for one of those awesome gifts, too. There are four (4) ways to enter this contest:
- Leave a comment telling her which one you would choose.
- Vote for My Wooden Spoon’s Shrimp Stroganoff Casserole over at the Velveeta Casserole Challenge.
- Twitter this giveaway.
- Blog about it.
So easy! So get a move on and head over to enter RIGHT NOW, okay?
I’ve decided to take the Romance Reading Challenge @ The Bookworm in 2009 – I’ve been seeing a lot of fun challenged in the blogosphere and would love to join all of them, but I don’t like committing to things and then abandoning them, at least, not constnantly. But this one looks fun and easy enough for me to say yes to:
1. Now, “Romance” isn’t limited to steamy Harlequin novels. There is a huge selection of books in this category such as contemporary romance, historical romance, romantic suspense and paranormal romance to name a few. As long as the story has romantic love between the two main characters your selection will fit this challenge. The novels do not need to have a happy ending either, there can also be unrequited love.
2. Choose at least 5 novels read them between Jan 1st though Dec 31st 2009. You can change your choices at any time. Crossovers between other challenges are fine.
3. Read them at your own pace in 2009 then come here and post the link to your review(s).
4. Link your “RRC” choices here with any of these graphics:
So here are the five books I’m choosing for this challenge:
- Envy: A Luxe Novel by Anna Godbersen – the third in the series, it comes out in January and I will be impatiently waiting to read it, so it is only fitting that it be in this list.
- The Thorn Birds by sweeping family saga of dreams, titanic struggles, dark passions, and forbidden love in the Australian Outback.”
- Persuasion by Jane Austen – I really loved Pride and Prejudice and want to read another of Austen’s novels, but preferably one whose movie I haven’t already seen – this one looks perfect. A novel which “examines how a woman can at once remain faithful to her past and still move forward into the future.”
- The Host by Stephenie Meyer – I am a huge fan of the Twilight series and although I’m a bit skeptical of this new novel, I know I won’t be able to keep my hands off of it for long. “Featuring what may be the first love triangle involving only two bodies” – now how can you not be intrigued by that?
- Phantom by Susan Kay – Another book I’ve been meaning to read, the full version of the Phantom of the Opera, with a detailed back story of the Phantom – my bestie @ Red Knows How loved this book and I would definitely love to read it soon.
So, are you going to take the Romance Reading Challenge in 2009? It’s just 5 books – I say go for it! And make sure you link up over @ The Bookworm.