1. How long do you sleep each night? I usually go to bed around 10:30-11pm and toss and turn for a few hours, wake up a couple of times throughout the night and wake up between 7:30-8:30am depending on if it’s a weeknight or the weekend respectively. I honestly could not tell you how many hours of actual sleep that amounts to.
2. Do you fall asleep easily? haha well as stated in the previous question, no I do not – people who can just close their eyes and fall asleep (like my husband) baffle me – the only time I can do that is in the morning when I’m supposed to be getting up!
3. Do you fall asleep at times not in your bed? Not actually fall asleep, but I’ll get all droopy eyed and think, “Man I’m beat,” but the sad part is if I got up and laid down I’d be wide awake once I got in bed.
4. Do you listen to music or use “white noise” to sleep? I need the hum of a fan or humidifier or something going – a habit I picked up many moons ago when a boyfriend needed a fan blowing at all times at night – which I bemoaned and huddled under mountains of blankets and now… Can’t sleep without that hum.
5. Do you sleep through the night or get up a couple of times? I usually get up a couple times, at least once to use the bathroom since having a child, old habits die hard apparently. It’s a rarity when I sleep through the night.
6. Do you have trouble sleeping away from your own bed? Sometimes but I sleep poorly enough that it doesn’t make much difference – sometimes the bed where we are staying is MORE comfortable than the one at home so I’ll sleep a bit better – sometimes it’s the opposite. But I’ve moved a lot so just the change of scenery doesn’t really phase me anymore.
7. Do you need an alarm clock to get you up? I have a two year old. I couldn’t really sleep past 8ish if I tried. But if I had a job where I needed to be there a certain time in the morning, I’d definitely need an alarm clock I think. I’d love it if that’s never an issue – but you know at some point when the kids are in school and have to be at the bus stop at like 7:00am or some ungodly hour like that I’ll probably be breaking out the alarm. It shouldn’t be too big of a deal though – my husband uses one right now so it’s not like I never hear one.
8. Do you ever take medication to help you sleep? If I’m sick I’ll take Nyquil to clear out my nose, etc. Otherwise my nose WILL keep me up all night and I WILL be miserable.
9. Do you/have you slept with pets? I have when we had cats – but my cats never stay in the bed all night, they like to get up and wander and come and go. We don’t have any pets right now though so the only one I share my bed with is my husband.
For more Saturday 9 fun just click the button below: