I lost two pounds last week, bringing my down to 218 – it sickens me that that number made me smile this morning. It was more than I expected to lose. But with only three weeks left, I don’t anticipate losing much more than another 6 pounds by 2009 bringing me to 212. Not that exciting. Maybe I’ll be looking fine by 2010. I guess that’s what I get for not trying at all until about 1 month was left in this shebang.
I feel a teensy bit bad complaining because I know some of you are doing worse. Some of you are doing better. My bestie is down to 188 which is a number that would (will) make me elated. I’ll get there. Here are some gross facts:
- When I was in high school I weighed in at a steady 120 pounds all four years and looked like I weighed less. This is my “ideal weight” according to the BMI scale a.k.a. the devil. Personally I think I’d look disgusting if I were actually that skinny again. I’ll settle for 135.
- My freshman year of college I gained about 10 pounds but wasn’t too discouraged. But by the end of college I weighed around 160 and when I went to my doctor when I first found out I was pregnant with MM I was told I was obese – wtf? I think, looking back, that I looked fine – I could have stood to lose 10 pounds sure, but it was my habits that needed a drastic change.
- Unfortunately I got pregnant and ate TOO much. I gained about 75 pounds with my first pregnancy – which is kind of disgusting and the weight is still here. When I started this diet I weighed 223 pounds but I bounced back and forth between that and around 226 for most of the duration of this diet while I fiddled my fingers and pretended to be thinking about it, making excuses for my lame attempt at “trying” until my husband started losing a lot of weight simply counting calories.
- 218. My goal is 175 and my calorie counting program says I can reach that goal by March 2010. Throw in a baby and we’ll see. After I hit 175 I’ll work towards 150 and see how I feel with that weight.
So I’m doing good – yay Jen for losing some weight finally – I just hope I can stick with this, because it’s the only thing that has worked for me and yet when I get tired or want to eat something of which’s calorie content I know NOTHING it gets discouraging and I want to say F it. But I also would love to be looking fine a lot sooner than 2010 but at least BY then. I don’t want to weight 218 pounds or more a year from now. I want better than that.
So my goals for this week are:
- to work out around 5 times this week, at least one of those times I’d like to be a non-Wii workout, something I still haven’t managed despite winning another gold medal for all my Wii-obsession. If I had a WiiFit I might feel less like a tool about this.
- to drink more water and eat healthier meals, snack less, blah blah blah