I’ve been waiting to use that line ever since first seeing the movie Juno. The loverly Jen @ Our Daily Big Top has finally given me the chance to fulfill that goal – because she awarded me with the Honest Award yesterday! How great is she?
So here are the award’s rules:
- Write a post about the award, link back to the person who gave you the award.
- Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
- Add links to those blogs on your blog.
- Leave a message for the nominees on their blogs.
- Name 10 honest random things about yourself.
Okay so honestly…
- I am terrified of the dentist – I know that normal healthy people make it a habit of seeing a dentist regularly, but they unnerve me and I’ve had such awful dental experiences, some of which I am still convinced were more the dentist’s fault than my own, that I now avoid going as long as possible. Yet I plan to somehow avoid passing that paranoia onto my own son, don’t ask me how…
- I am not much of a housekeeper. I try to keep things modestly clean, but to be honest, I hate vacuuming, mopping, cleaning the bathroom – all the usual things – the only chores I seem to be good at doing regularly are doing the dishes, the laundry and general tidying up. Anything involving a deep scrub and I probably haven’t done it recently.
- I actually make dh clean our bathroom, because he was raised by a germophobe and I know he’ll do it right the first time.
- I don’t know how to whistle, roller skate, use a yo-yo, and several other things that most kids learn as, well, kids.
- I’m a terrible swimmer – and will not go into water where my feet can’t touch the bottom.
- I have probably kissed more boys than you. Sorry, but it’s true. I’d be really surprised if it wasn’t. I was absolutely boy-crazy growing up and infatuated with finding love, so I looked everywhere and considered pretty much every guy I knew my potential perfect mate – in retrospect, I kind of wish I’d dated less looking back now.
- Speaking of being boy-crazy, I was a huge teenie bopper as a tween / teen – my favorite all-time band for YEARS longer than I care to admit was the Backstreet Boys and I was pretty obsessed.
- I hate reading the news. That’s kind of bad because not too long ago I was the News Editor of my school paper and went on to become the Managing Editor and even Editor-in-Chief for awhile (I was a terrible EIC which surprised me, but I was more than happy to go back to Managing Editor after finding out). I can tell you it is really hard reading all those articles when they are slightly completely boring to you.
- I spend way too much time online – sometimes I know I should be doing something else, like playing with my kid, but it can be really, really hard to tear yourself away some days. You guys are addicting!
- I am just as terrified of this pregnancy as I am excited – I think maybe I’ve read too many bloggers’ experiences now and the fear of miscarriages or any other kind of complication are all too real. I was literally holding my breath waiting to hear the baby’s heart beat for the first time and I know I’ll be just as nervous at the ultrasound today.
Phew – that was actually kind of hard – I hope you guys all still like me after that! Well I know seven of you will HAVE to like me, because I’m passing this award onto:
- Kailani @ An Island Life: her post about playing hooky with her daughter was so sweet and so true. I think we can all relate!
- Jen @ Daily Mish Mash: wrote Trying To Find The Brightside as she attempted to find that elusive silver lining in the middle of a stomach bug (something I’m now all-too familiar with!)
- Jean @ Working Momma 247: was very real about her recent display of organizing skills in her post, Organizing Christmas Decor Chaos.
- Tena @ My Therapy: only just yesterday wrote another honest post about her college years and meeting her husband, entitled Hold Tight, this really isn’t all about me.
- Karen @ Write From Karen: Is always very honest about herself, her parenting style and well everything – this recent post called Walking The Son really showcases that I think.
- Auds @ Barking Mad: really made me laugh with her brutal honesty in her recent post, Death by “Sound of Music.”
- Jen @ Cheaper Than Therapy: wrote a post about New Years Resolutions that I could really relate to, called My 2009 List of Things I Probably Won’t Accomplish.