TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:
- Grab your current read.
- Let the book fall open to a random page.
- Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
- You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
- Please avoid spoilers!
My teaser for today is:
“Everything was taken away from me. Next, a doctor examined me, wrote down the drugs I said I’d abused (coke, diet pills, quaaludes), and then nodded blankly when I said that I hadn’t done anything for two days.”
from page 125 of Here’s The Story by Maureen McCormick
Jen @ Stuff Jen Says essentially challenged me to this musical meme by stating:
I wanted to use John Mayer as my artist but decided to let The Lovely Lori and Jen E fight over him.
How can I not fill this out now? So let’s see if I’m really the J.M. fanatic I claim to be (that sounds almost as creepy as obsession – can I just be a fan? You guys don’t really think I’m an obsessed fanatic, do you?)
OK music lovers, using only song names from ONE ARTIST, cleverly answer these questions. Pass it on to some people you like and include me. Try not to repeat a song title.
Pick your artist: John Mayer
- Describe yourself: Waiting On The World To Change
- How do you feel about yourself: Bigger Than My Body
- Describe where you currently live: Great Indoors
- If you could go anywhere you wanted to go: Break Away (anywhere but here please?)
- Your favorite form of transportation: Wheel (as in, as long as it has wheels I’m good)
- Your best friend is: Not Myself
- Your favorite color is: Another Kind Of Green
- Favorite time of day: Come Back To Bed (any time I’m going to sleep is a good time to me)
- If your life were a TV show, it would be called: My Stupid Mouth
- What is life to you: Free Fallin’
- What is the best advice you have to give: Wait Until Tomorrow
- If you could change your name, it would be: Victoria
- Your favorite food is: Sucker (you know, candy)
- Thought for the day: Stop This Train
- How you would like to die: Slow Dancing In a Burning Room
- Your soul’s present condition: In Repair
- The faults you can bear: No Such Thing
- Your motto: This Will All Make Perfect Sense Someday