It’s time for another Aloha Friday, the day that you take it easy and look forward to the weekend, in Hawaii and blog land anyway. As you should know by now, over at An Island Life, Kailani decided that on Fridays she would take it easy on posting and ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.
If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at An Island Life’s blog. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!
This week has been all about… waiting… waiting for answers, waiting for the next step. Ugh. Of course we still don’t know anything and haven’t heard back from Dream Company – if we did I’d have posted some deliriously happy or sad post about the results by now, but who knows, maybe you’ll get that by the end of the day? I’d be happy, regardless of the outcome, just to know one way or another.
Anyway, while we’ve been waiting, another thing we’ve been doing us PURGING – getting rid of stuff – lots of stuff and either dumping it or donating it. We thought about doing a yard sale, but honestly the effort we’d be putting into organizing it just didn’t seem worth it when there are so many charities out there that could use a lot of this stuff. We’ll see if we change our mind. The end result of seeing rooms get lighter and lighter has been remarkably invigorating – I love it – I want to do it like once a month. I probably won’t, but I want to. Sure there have been a few things that I have oh so reluctantly gotten rid of, but so many others that I practically giggled with glee to see them go. Why do we keep these things?
So my Aloha Friday questions for this week are:
- How often do you “spring clean” your home and / or get rid of old clutter?
- Have you thrown a yard sale before? Was it a lot of work? Was it worth it in the end? How long did it take you to plan it?
- Do you donate to charities? Which ones?
- If you could get rid of one big space taking object in your home today, what would you get rid of first? What has been taking up space in your home and life for too long? Why is it still there?
- Just for shits and giggles, do you think Dream Company is going to get back to us today? Tomorrow? Will it be a yes or a no? Should I start one of those money pool things?
- Are you impatiently waiting for something, too? Tell me about it!
Answer what you like, ignore the rest – I know that’s a lot of questions, don’t feel pressured to answer all of them – just pick the ones you actually have answers for and time to write about. Have a great weekend!