Monday Mentions is an easy way to share any and all of the fun things you’ve discovered recently, online or otherwise. For more information read this post by the mastermind behind this whole thing, Jen @ Daily Mish Mash. Here’s what I’ve discovered this week…
- This weekend when my son frantically called out to me from across the room, “Mommy my bum is TOO BIG! Can you make it SMALLER???” I found this older blog post by Inner Toddler very helpful and reassuring. Reading it, I was able to remember that, yes, I knew all of this. So if any of you happen to also be sitting at your computer debating whether or not to type “toddler erection” into your google search, just click that link instead and take some reassurance for yourself that, “Yes, it’s normal. Carry on.”
- Speaking of which, Karen posted a vlog last week with great potty training tips. As a veteran mother of two teenage boys, she’s a pretty trustworthy resource on this topic and I’m planning to try out her calendar tip in the near future. Could big boy underpants enter our household before the year is out?
- Amber wrote another great post this week that I just have to share as I think it’s something we can all relate to. Be sure to check out “Things I’d Like To Teach My Daughter.”
Tis The Season(ish):
- Simple Mom says there are now 9 weeks till Christmas! Last week she shared tips on starting (or finishing) your gift shopping, which inspired me to take the bull by the horns so to speak and this past weekend we went to Blain’s Farm and Fleet for their annual Toyland sale and got some incredible deals (like almost half off) on some of the things on our list for the kids. Have you started shopping yet?
- The Inspired Room posted a great hostess gift idea last week: Apple Pie in a Jar – We probably won’t be doing much of the way in hostess gifts this year as we don’t really know anyone in the area and don’t anticipate going to any parties, but this idea would be high on my list if we were.
From The Boob Tube:
- Did you see How I Met Your Mother last week? Did you see this?
- And I know you wanna see Ellen Degeneres’s latest segment, “Legs Go Andy” – here’s a video clip of Andy playing referee (and jammer) for a Roller Derby match.
I’m really digging this cover of Beyonce’s “Single Ladies” – almost as much as when it was on “Glee”
I keep going back and forth on this, but I’m just gonna say it – you won me over, John, I’m officially loving this song.
Upcoming Movie Trailers:
- Jen posted a trailer for Toy Story 3 recently and I think I’m looking forward to this one more than the first two – but it does seem targeted more towards a grown up audience than children. What do you think?
This trailer for Motherhood looks really good, too.