I never thought of myself as one of those pageant girls, but when I saw Amber‘s post about entering the Bloggers & Tiaras contest at Momdot.com I was intrigued. A pageant that focuses on creativity, participation and FUN – I can totally do that! I may not be able to twirl a baton, but I can blog like it’s no one’s business, right? Well, here’s hoping so because I’m officially throwing my name into the proverbial hat and entering the Bloggers and Tiaras contest for a chance to win a tiara, a gorgeous Tahitian Drop Pearl Bracelet and the title of Super Ultimate Grand Supreme Coolest Blogger in the Universe – and you should, too!
The rules stipulate that I now answer the following questions and post a picture of myself, so let’s get started on the formalities, shall we?
1) Name, BlogName, Twitter: My name is Jen and I blog at several locations. You can find me here at mommablogsalot.com aka my personal blog aka what you are reading right now. I also write reviews at Mommas Review and memes at Momma Memes a Lot aka my old livejournal. And if you want to find me on twitter, well I roam around over there, too, under my main bloggy name, that’s right mommablogsalot.
2) Have you ever entered a pageant before? Nope definitely not. I mentioned the whole lack of baton twirling, right?
3) Do you have any special talents we can look forward too? Well I can edit like it’s nobody’s business (which is not to say I am grammatically perfect because well, please don’t check my grammar…) for instance there should only one “o” in the word “too” over there. Sorry, don’t kill the messenger.
4) Name your top 5 favorite sites to visit on the net..no, you do not get brownie points for putting momdot. My favorite online places to kill time would have to be Google Reader where I check the RSS feeds for the like 200+ blogs that I follow (I know, I have problems), Sluggy Freelance for some good old fashion comical chuckles (I also love XKCD), goodreads.com where I keep track of all the books I’m lusting after and Facebook so I can get in my Packrat and Farkle fills. Did I mention I’m a Farkle junkie? Yeah, so there’s that…
5) What is your favorite thing to do when you are not blogging? I looooove to read, that’s always the first thing that comes to mind when it comes to non-blogging hobbies. Sadly with the preschooler and the newborn, I only get to read for like a half an hour to an hour at night before bed. I suppose I could do a bit less blogging during the day or maybe stop watching tv or eating but at the moment that’s just where my priorities lie. Other than that? Yeah I’m pretty boring…
6) Whats your dream vacation? I have a few. I’d love to tour Europe and Asia – seeing places like France, Italy, Ireland, England, Japan, Singapore, etc. would really make my day, or um lifetime. I also want to take a long RV road trip with the kiddos and since we haven’t even done Disney yet as a family there’s definitely that. Also I’d love to do like a sunny, beach relaxing vacation – maybe a cruise or a trip to Hawaii. Have I mentioned that I looooooove to travel and my wander lust really knows no limits? Can that be my hobby? Sadly I think I get in more reading time than vacation time.
7) What blogger do you look up the most too? Again with the too? Seriously? Sorry, um, well there are a few as I mentioned I am slightly addicted to this little blogiverse. I love Ree @ Pioneer Woman. I think she is just incredible. As far as the Big League Bloggers go she’s probably my number one. I also really like McMommy, The Bloggess, Karen @ Write From Karen and Jen @ Daily Mish Mash. Oh and Simple Mom! Love her! And a million others but I think if I don’t stop now I’ll just recite my entire blog roll…
8 ) If you could be on the cover of any magazine, which would you chose and why? Well my favorite magazine is Family Circle but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a person on the cover of that magazine. But then again Ellen made it on to the cover of O Magazine and up until now that had never been done either, so I guess it’s just another milestone yet to be reached.
9) Tell the truth…you want a tiara, don’t you? Honestly what girl doesn’t want a tiara? It’s pretty and sparkles and that in my book is enough. Plus the whole “you have to win it” thing really does add to the appeal.
10) What is your definition of blogger success? If you love to blog, you are successful because it’s all about doing something you love. It’s not a popularity contest or a money making machine – although if that comes your way also then great, but at the root of it, man you have to enjoy it. The day this stops being fun is the day I change my name to Momma Doesn’t Blog So Much Anymore.
And finally, the picture:
So there you have it – my official entry form. You’re going to root for me, aren’t you? If you decide to enter, I promise to cheer for you, too and be one of those nice Pageant girls. I won’t grease your runway if you won’t grease mine. ;O)