Chelle @ The Winey Mommy just wrote a post of 10 Things That Make Her Happy. It’s so easy to dwell on the negative sometimes, so I thought I’d play along. Rather than just things that can make me happy, I thought I’d also attempt to really live in the moment so here are 10 Things Currently Making Me Happy:
- Dan is coming home tonight. Thank goodness! This trip hasn’t been too hard on me – compared to the week he was gone last month, this is really nothing. But I miss him and I’ll be glad to have him back at home.
- Cheap, cheap grocery bills. The cash only system we are doing is working really well – I think we’re spending like half as much on groceries as we were before. I’m very proud and not really feeling deprived at all yet.
- MM’s new drawing infatuation has been so much fun. He’s been doodling on his chalkboard like crazy and I love looking at it and actually KNOWING what most of the drawings are. He’s really good at drawing Mickey Mouse.
- Last night the baby basically slept through the night. 11pm-5am – that’s pretty darn good! The 5am feeding was still a bit rough but I was grateful for that extra sleep.
- New friends! One of the girls from Bunco emailed me this week and we’ve been slowly getting to know each other via email. Come to find out, she lives really close and we have a lot in common! Cloth diapering, vegetarian, kids in the same age range AND she’s a blogger! She’s got a ton of reviews up on eco-friendly products – definitely worth checking out! I’m hoping we can get our kids together for a play date soon.
- Pre-brewed espresso and simple syrup in the fridge waiting for me every morning has made mornings without my personal chef (aka husband) so much easier. Add chocolate soy milk and my coffee is practically a dessert.
- The clementines we bough last weekend are so much better than the batch we bought a month ago. I’ve been enjoying my morning clementine tremendously.
- Did you know that non-stale Fluff is actually soft and creamy? I had no idea how old our last jar was until I opened the new one and was like, “Weird, this is really easy to spread!” “And it tastes better, too!” No comments on how unhealthy it is, shhhh….
- All the beautiful pictures I’m getting of my kiddos thanks to my 365 Challenge. And to think, it’s only mid-January! The website I’ve been posting them on is so awesome and I get to see a lot of other people’s pictures, too. So much beautiful work out there!
- Hannah Montana / Wizards of Waverly Place marathons have been distracting me from the fact that my partner in crime has been gone for three days and I don’t have to worry about, “I wonder if Dan will want to watch this with me?” Trust me, he won’t. And yes, I’m aware that I seem to have the maturity level of a twelve year old girl sometimes.
What’s making you happy right now?