I’ve been having a recurring case of the grumpies lately. Largely to do with things like teething babies, stomach bugs (which thank god that’s over!), potty training (or lack thereof), broken fans which leads to hot, sweaty nights, which leads to poor sleep, which sucks when I’m also dealing with early mornings, low energy and … and … and …
And when it gets like this, you have to remind yourself about the GOOD STUFF – which I have plenty of, even when I’m being all whiny and unappreciative. So, here are some things worth being thankful for…
- a loving husband who always takes care of me, supports me, cheers me up, makes me breakfast and is generally all around awesome. I’m seeing a lot of relationships being put to the test these days – heart breaking betrayals and unspoken complaints (or very loudly spoken complaints) and I am thankful more and more every day that I found my husband – my perfect match.
- healthy, mostly happy children – kids who are smart as a whip, adore each other and seem to like me, too, even when I don’t feel like I deserve it very much.
- a wonderful, warm, caring family – I might not get to see / talk to my extended family as much since moving to Wisconsin last year, but when we talk … man, they make me feel like a celebrity – like the most important, amazing person in the world has called. I love them so much and miss them constantly. And I’m so thrilled to be seeing them all again next week and finally introducing our newest family member to everyone.
- wonderful health care – like blows my mind sometimes, it’s so good, especially compared to what we had in Massachusetts. Our health insurance here is what health insurance SHOULD be – and I wish everyone had insurance and doctors like ours.
- A roof over my head, food in my kitchen and a slowly growing savings account. Sometimes it feels like we will never save enough money for that house – especially when we keep buying stuff but since switching to a cash budget several months ago, slowly but surely, I am seeing our savings account grow. And we are learning to be frugal while still getting the things we really want, by saving for them the old fashioned way. And when so many people in this world go hungry or sleep in completely inadequate shelters… I am thankful for our 3rd floor apartment, no matter how much I complain about it.
- My DVR – laugh if you want, but I am in love with our DVR and never want to be without it again. :OP
- My wonderful friends – both bloggy and the elusive IRL ones. A girl needs her friends and mine are fabulous and make life so much sweeter!
How about you? What are you thankful for?