Outside my window: we seem to be having an Indian Summer with temperatures in the 80’s, bright blue skies and t-shirts coming back out of the closet while all my pretty fall sweaters wait impatiently for cooler weather.
This weekend we: celebrated the third birthday of one of MM’s good friends. The weather was so lovely we took the party outdoors and we all had a blast relaxing together and enjoying the celebration of the day.
Miss Blueberry had her first driving experience in a classic red Cozy Coupe and really surprised me when she instantly seemed to know what she was doing – this girl is going places!
We also: did a little baking this weekend, which I blogged about here. I made one of my favorite cookie recipes but added a little peppermint extract and it was amazing! I was very pleased with how they came out and plan to make them again for sure.
I am reading: The Mother-Daughter Book Club by Heather Vogel Frederick which I’m enjoying so far. It’s a much lighter read than what I’ve been picking up lately, no sci-fi twists or heady love stories, but I’m enjoying the change of pace and love all of the references to great literature like Little Women, a favorite of mine.
I never got a chance to blog about: our trip to the park Friday afternoon with some of our WI besties. We drove out to a park we’d never been to before and the boys had a little nature hunt and art project and of course some good old fashioned playground fun. I got some adorable pictures of all of the kids – making my 365 picture for that day a tough choice!
You should check out these great links:
- I’ve been trying to come up with a new craft for our toilet paper tubes and The Frugal Family Fun Blog came to my rescue this morning with this adorable owl family craft.
- I’ve never been very good at frosting cakes so I’m looking forward to trying these cake frosting tips from Food O’ Del Mundo.
- I’m hoping my husband will make me these homemade English muffins soon! Tara @ Smells Like Home is giving away the book this recipe came from here.
- Review bloggers / Sponsered bloggers take note of this one : The Hight-fructose Corn Syrup Bloggers : a Symptom of a Larger Problem at PhD in Parenting
- Check out Cool Mom Picks’ lineup of 6 fabulous purchases for Breast Cancer Awareness.
- I’m making this Outrageous Garlic Soup recipe from Tasty Kitchen tonight – hoping it’s as delicious as it sounds!
One Two last pictures to share before I go: I know it’s kind of been all BB all the time lately, but seriously? Two last pictures and then I promise to take a picture of my son soon, okay?