Outside my window: it’s a pretty typical fall day, cloudy with colorful trees still lining the horizon. Thunderstorms are predicted for tonight, hopefully I won’t have to drive through any on the way to or from MM’s first soccer practice this afternoon.
This weekend we: purchased the finishing touches for our Halloween costumes and Dan sewed everything which needed sewing (not much). Luckily we got our errands out of the way quickly because Sunday Dan was sick with some sort of evil cold and towards the end of the night I seemed to get it also. I don’t have it quite as bad as he did, no sore throat or anything this morning, but I still feel absolutely exhausted. Hopefully my energy will perk up tonight.
We also:did a lot of baking before the Energy Suck Cold kicked in. Saturday Dan made creme brulee and Sunday morning I made homemade biscotti, pictured at the top of the post, using this recipe that I found at Annie’s Eats.
I am reading: Little Women by Louisa May Alcott on my Kindle. I’m about 5% through so it might take me awhile to get through it and I’m sure I’ll be picking up a physical book at some point also (Wednesday night is book club so I’m hoping to pick up the November book soon).
You should check out these great links:
- This recipe for Orange Chicken at Annie’s Eats looks absolutely delicious. I may have to try it very soon!
- Check out this super simple dollhouse tutorial at Sweet Sweet Life.
- Thinking about cloth diapering? Simple Mom has some great resources and ran some great posts last week that you should definitely read! I loved this post about the 5 stereotypes of cloth diapering families.
- Doesn’t this chocolate buttercream frosting recipe at Tasty Kitchen look divine?
- I love this idea : does the pumpkin fairy visit your homes after Halloween? I think I might have to ask her to stop by my place this year!
- Ohdeedoh featured these adorable free Halloween paper dolls from Babelisme.
- Make Halloween safer this year with these great tips from Simple Mom to make your kids’ costumes glow in the dark.
One last picture to share before I go: check out this awesome action shot of MM jumping into a pile of leaves outside our apartment.