my new favorite tea – Hot Cinnamon Spice by Harney & Sons – tastes like red hots!
Outside my window: It’s cool, but sunny in the mid-thirties and predicted to get much warmer this week! It would appear that Spring is sprunging around these parts with temps reaching close to the 60′s in a couple days! No complaints here!
This weekend: MM and I went to see Megamind together while daddy and BB stayed home as Dan was slightly under the weather. I have to say, it was really nice to get out with just my boy, like old times – something we haven’t done in a really long time and I want to start making more of an effort to get one on one time with both the kids. The movie btw was really good, really cute. We both liked it a lot. This was another one of those cheapo movie deals that Marcus Theaters is doing – two tickets for $4!
We also: took some family walks before dinner this weekend, enjoying a little sunlight during our strolls. Thanks to Daylight Savings Time, most of our post-dinner walks during the week will be before the sunset now hopefully – which I am grateful for. Almost makes up for how ungodly early it felt waking up this morning.
I’m reading: The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón on my Kindle. My book club will be discussing it next Thursday – I’m only 14% through so far and find it slow going and yet also fantastic – a really good book, especially for book nerds like myself. I’m also really enjoying my Kindle by the way, more than I thought I would in some ways.
Milestone Alert: Last night we took down BB’s booster seat as it was becoming more of an obstacle than a safety assurance since she’s so climb climb climby. We’ve now got her using the Kaboost and gave MM one of the slightly taller chairs. It’s working out perfectly so far. My kiddos are growing up fast!
Plans for the Week: This week hopefully the major house repairs will be finished so the FHA can approve financing and we can move forward with the house sale – hurray! At the moment our closing date is April 8th which feels so soon and yet soooooo far away at the same time. We’ll be very busy but at the same time before we get that FHA financing approved, nothing is set in stone. Cross your fingers for me!
Things you should click:
- I’m infatuated with these map pillows showcased at Ohdeedoh – My step mother saw me link to them on Facebook and immediately set to work making a world map blanket for MM – love her!
- With home ownership so close in sight, I’ve been thinking a lot about gardening lately. I definitely want to try my hand at growing strawberries – this method at Diggin Food for growing strawberries in a container could even be done in an apartment!
- I’ve been seeing a lot of cool IKEA hacks to make forward facing book shelves for kids’ books – I showed my husband this link at Table Tonic and he said, “We don’t need to go to IKEA, I’ll make those for you myself.” No complaints here!
- In honor of Pi Day, Aimee @ Simple Bites is sharing her favorite pie crust recipe – invaluable! I’ll need to bookmark this for the next time I make pie!
- This week’s hot spot in Simple Mom’s Project: Simplify is Paper Clutter. Oh good lord, help me.
- The first recipe I want to make in our new house is Two Peas and their Pod’s Lemon Sugar Cookies – they look absolutely divine and a perfect Spring Treat!
One last pictures to share before I go: have I showed you this adorable picture of BB dressed in as many striped pieces as daddy could find caring so sweetly for her baby doll? Precious.