I’ve been very spoiled lately by that fantastic husband of mine. Here are four things I am looooving right now that are pretty much all thanks to him:
1. These pretty pink flowers are sitting on the window sill in my kitchen. Our garden pretty much consists of grass and dandelions right now and we don’t really have much motivation to do anything about it this year, so I’ve been on the lookout for an inexpensive indoor plant to brighten up my days. These beautiful pink flowers from Home Depot made me smile and I decided to welcome them into our family. I love looking at them while I clean dishes (which is often with our dishwasher on the fritz again).
2. My afternoon tea time is even more fun with this mug that Dan got me for Mothers Day. It has a whole bunch of cute pictures of the kids and the top says “Proof of World’s Best Mom Status” – loooooove it. Also still loving my Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice Tea. Have you had this tea before because I’m pretty sure it’s the best tea ever made. Just sayin’…
3. Like my living room curtains? We have been slowly procuring curtains for the windows that the kids have easy access to so that I can take down the killer blinds that are both ugly and strangulation hazards. I spotted these pretty curtains on sale at Sears and I’m just adoring them. They match the room perfectly and make me smile every time I walk in the room.
4. I spotted these sandals at Lands End last night and could not walk away. I’ve been looking for a replacement for my Crocs for awhile now which have seen way, way better days (as in it was actually painful to wear them lately) but kept humming and hawing about what to replace them with. I wanted something cute and comfortable, easy to slip on and preferably for a price that wouldn’t send me into debt. These cuties fit the bill perfectly and I can finally lay those poor old Crocs to rest.
Wow, honestly just reading this post is making me feel all kinds of frivolous and spoiled but I am so loving these four new things and I just had to share. What sweet thing has a loved one in your life done for you recently?
Outside my window: it is a little cooler today than it was this weekend with thunderstorms predicted. It’s supposed to be pretty hot tomorrow though so I’m hoping for some nice weather this week.
This weekend: was Mothers Day! Dan and the kids were very good to me with a few sweet surprises, some yummy food, lunch with friends and finishing a lot of projects around the house. We also went to the playground again and brought MM’s tricycle so he could practice riding a bit. He is getting very good at riding it, I was really impressed. I’m hoping he gets more time for bike riding this year now that we’re out of the apartment, there is really no excuse.
I also: went out with some friends Friday night for a Girls Night on the town. After finding a parking spot in a garage downtown (on the roof of the building! What a view!) we went to a place called The Piano Bar which is a fun, jazzy little place with a lot of atmosphere. There is a piano in the corner and they will play just about any song for you. We had a lot of fun and it was nice to get dressed up and go out with the girls. It doesn’t happen often!
I’m reading: The Van Alen Legacy by Melissa de la Cruz and about halfway through it now. I always enjoy this series which has such a cool, unique take on the whole “teen vampire” genre. I definitely recommend it. I am thinking about reading Breakfast at Tiffany’s next and then the new non-fiction book, Fifth Avenue 5 a.m. by Sam Wasson which is all about the making of the movie, Breakfast at Tiffanys. I’ve got a couple of review books coming my way also as well as that nightstand of mind, but I just got the urge to read these today and sometimes I think it’s nice to follow those urges.
For Mothers Day: MM and I made these necklaces that we saw on Frugal Family Fun Blog for myself and MM’s grandparents and great grandparents. I think they came out really cute and all the grandma’s loved them! Even better was it was so inexpensive. Paired with homemade mothers’ day cards by MM and it was a VERY frugal, fun project!
Things you should click: Here are some fun DIY projects for you and / or your kiddos
- Modern Parents Messy Kids highlighted some really cool DIY toy ideas that look relatively easy / particularly nifty.
- There is no shortage of pretend kitchen crafts out there, but this one looks so easy and genius! What else would you expect from Frugal Family Fun Blog?
- Spring is in the air here in Wisconsin, but it’s still taking it’s sweet time a bit. If your still feeling starved for Spring blooms in your neck of the woods, why not make your own tissue paper flowers? Make and Takes has a great, easy tutorial.
One last picture to share before I go: I’m still swooning over this picture of BB getting her hair did by yours truly. I posted it at 365 and now I’m posting it again here because. I. can.