Outside my window: it’s one of those brisk fall, curl up with a cup of hot cocoa kind of days. Highs are creeping down to the 50s and I’m sure before I know it, I’ll be complaining about how cold I am and why isn’t it summer even though like two weeks ago I was probably complaining it was too hot.
This weekend we: finally made it to the Schuster Playtime Farm, one of our favorite fall spots for family fun. I’ll have to show you more pictures in another post because there are so many awesome shots I don’t want to overwhelm the Daybook with them. So later, mkay?
We also: very briefly entertained the notion of adopting a cat after a shockingly wonderful experience with an adorable litter of kittens at the farm and my not having an allergic reaction. Is Flonase really the wonder drug that could make me owning a kitten a possibility? After a trip to an animal adoption clinic, we pretty quickly found that, no, my lack of reaction the day before was probably a fluke. I’ve also heard that pet allergies are worse indoors than outdoors – that probably had something to do with it. Either way, we weren’t willing to risk it and quickly vetoed the idea. Probably just as well.
Right now I’m reading: Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro, our October book club pick which we’ll be discussing at the end of the month. I’m about 100 pages in and enjoying it so far – it’s about a British boarding school that isn’t all that it seems from first glance. Interesting.
Some links you should click:
- I want to eat some of these Indoor s’mores that look oh-so decadent at She Wears Many Hats
- In the mood for a semi-spooky fall craft? How about a colorful bumpy glue spider web craft from The Chocolate Muffin Tree.
- How beautiful is this Thanksgiving leaf garland at Simple as That? I’m planning to make my own version soon.
- Make and Takes has some adorable printable Halloween finger puppets that are sure to please the little fingers in your life.
- Are you going to try NaNoWriMo this year? Check out storyfix.com for awesome tips all month long to help you gear up for a month of novel writing in November.
- It’s week 3 in Katie Evan’s photoberfest challenge and this week’s theme is Action! Click here for more information about how to submit a picture and click here to vote on your favorite pics – so far I’ve posted two awesome pics of the kids on a jumping pad at the farm this weekend – too fun!
One Two last pictures to share before I go: here are two cute pictures of BB very studiously coloring while MM does his homework – I think it’s one of her favorite times of the day right now.
I hope her big brother doesn’t mind that she’s coloring on top of some of his old sketches… hmmm…
Happy Monday everyone!