This morning my son boarded the school bus for his first day of school as a first grader and it reminded me, dude, August ended. Summer is essentially over. And I’m late on posting my favorite pictures from last month, but you know, better late than never.
1. Dancing and twirling on the baby gate that keeps little hands out of my makeshift “office”, asking if she can come in and play… play with the toys which have been taken “out of bounds” of course. I tell her she can come inside for one toy, but she has to pay the toll – a picture of course!
2. Took the kids to the zoo today and took all the same basic shots I always get but always love. Here’s the obligatory “kids hanging from the railings” shot :O)
3. going on a bear hunt… They were actually looking for river otters but this picture made me think of one of the kids’ favorite story books, “We’re Going On a Bear Hunt”
4. You know when in the movies when the super model gets out of the limo on her way to the red carpet. Yeah, she’s kind of nailing that scene in this photo. I see big things for my little girl.
5. We went to the botanical gardens and I took a million gorgeous pictures of flowers and leaves and nature and then I took this picture and knew it had to be the one posted. She is more beautiful than any summer garden.
6. Watching his shadow as he looked about the park, I spotted a moment and snapped as quickly as I could.
7. One of the flower pictures from the botanical gardens, handy when I need a filler shot later in the week.
8. She will tell you, if you ask her, that her name is Princess. I wasn’t sure how I’d feel about the whole princess thing before having kids, but I have to say, now that we’re there – I’m totally okay with it. She should think she’s a princess and be treated like one for all her days.
9. Another botanical garden picture – I took a lot of great ones that day – I call this one “Fields of Gold”
10. Just another coffee shop morning with my cuties.