Guys, it’s like a momentous occasion here! After much delibration and consideration and probably something else that ends in an -ation, I merged my review blog into my personal blog – deciding that mommablogsalot has the power to be all the things.
It feels cool to be writing everything here and not trying to remember what hat I’m supposed to be wearing when – at least in my blogging life – but it also feels strange and almost vulnerable to kinda just be me all over the place. I’m sure I’ll get used to it soon.
So anyway it’s Friday – and on Fridays I often (though not strictly) share with you some weekend link love. It’s a common practice on a lot of blogs and one that I particularly enjoy because it usually means I get to make a fun graphic on picmonkey and babble about all of my favorite things – and usually there are bulleted lists, too. Basically, it’s the best!
So anyway, a few weeks ago I was listening to Story of My Life on the radio. I’m not really a fan of One Direction in general but I kind of adore this song and it popped into my head that Alex Preston (one of my favvvvveeeees this season) would do an amazing cover of the song, maybe even better than the original. I mentioned it to my husband who was probably only half listening and continued to dwell on it for weeks whenever it was on the radio and then this week…
Seriously. Whaaaaat? How on earth could I have predicted it and do I have a secret power I’m not aware of because I am feeling like a wizard. And loving it. LOVING.
Since I’m giving Alex a shout out, I feel it necessary to share two other awesome performances from this week.
And now I’ll stop before you guys roll your eyes at me any bigger – and share some linkage – that’s what you came here for, right?
Here are some of the coolest / best / funniest things I’ve read online this week:
- Did I mention I love bulleted lists?
- I also loved The 14 Stages of Book Addiction on Buzzfeed. Speaking of the story of my life. Seriously.
- These chocolate orange brownies at A Beautiful Mess look soooo good. Who wants to make me some?
- How fantastic are these Dogtor illustrations of all of the Doctors from Doctor Who drawn as dogs? It’s weirdly perfect.
- 9 things we should get rid of to help our kids at We Are THAT Family was a really great read. I wouldn’t mind getting rid of a lot of these things.
- I read this article at Picmonkey’s blog today about font hierarchy and thought it was really well done – and super useful for us bloggers.
- These 30 Hilarious Headlines about Pregnancy at Mommy Shorts are, yup, hilarious. Count on Ilana for a good laugh.