It’s time for another Aloha Friday, the day that you take it easy and look forward to the weekend, in Hawaii and blog land anyway. As you should know by now, over at An Island Life, Kailani decided that on Fridays she would take it easy on posting and ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.
If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at An Island Life’s blog. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!
Last night I was doing my WiiFit fitness test and it was all, “You have a WiiFit age of 28, that’s just 2 years older than your actual age! Blah blah blah…” and I was like, “Huh, I must have entered my birthday into this wrong, because it should be 3 years…” Except I was wrong. Because I’m 26, not 25. Now, to be fair, I just turned 26 in December, so it hasn’t been that long, but I don’t mean, “I forgot I just had a birthday,” I mean that I felt with conviction that I was 25 and turning 26 THIS December. I was sure of it. I had to do the math to convince myself.
So like any smart momma, I called my husband and regaled him with this story, ending it with, “So you should pick up a birthday cake on your way home, because we clearly need to celebrate.” And then he came home without the cake and I was all, “Where’s my birthday cake?” and he was like, “I thought you were kidding.” And I was like, “You clearly don’t know me very well.” Then after dinner he ran out to the car to get his gloves from the car and I’m thinking, “Seriously? Your gloves? Can’t they stay in the car? I want to open up Wii Rockband now…” But then he came back WITH the birthday cake which he clearly had bought but then either forgot somehow or very cleverly left outside just so he could surprise me even though it had been my idea and the cake was really good, like way nicer than I was thinking when I asked him to buy me a cake at the last minute. So he clearly knows me VERY well and is the most awesome husband in the universe and that’s the end of my story.
So my Aloha Friday question(s) for this week (because when I grow up I want to be just like Jenni Jiggety or Daily Mish Mash) are:
- Have you ever forgotten how old you were? For like more than 5 minutes? (Because I’ve been carrying this fantasy of being a year younger since at least my birthday and it’s possible I thought I was 24 before that… how long has this been going on?)
- Do you think this can be blamed on my pregnant brain OR is it a sign I’m getting olllllld OR [insert your own excuse for my forgetfulness here].
- What is the sweetest thing your husband (or boyfriend – or previous boyfriend or husband if you are currently single) has done for you?
- Do you like surprises? Do you like planning them? What’s the best surprise you’ve given or gotten?
It’s no secret that in the blogging world comments are a precious commodity. We covet them, crave them and seriously appreciate every little one that we get. A sign of a well loved post is often the comment count. So it makes sense that the sign of a well loved blogging buddy might be the number of times they comment on your blog. I have a large handful of regular readers and commenters but there are some special blogging pals who consistently send me comments on a regular basis – sometimes on nearly every post I write (and that is an accomplishment in a half). So I was super excited when Jen @ Daily Mish Mash awared me with the Star Commenter award, not only because it’s fun winning awards and being appreciated, but because I was super excited to pass the award along to some of my truly fabulous readers / commenters. So with all that said, I’d like to award the following:
To the following:
I’m sure there are more of you that I’m forgetting, but seriously look at that list – it’s humongous! I’m feeling all proud and sentimental and girly just looking at it. You guys (and all my other readers, too) seriously rock my socks off. ::meep::
Jen @ Daily Mish Mash just awarded me, you guessed it, another bloggy award. These are like crack my friends – I cannot get enough. I thought about just awarding it and be done with it, as I feel like suddenly I get these all the time, but I don’t want to let myself forget how special all my bloggy friends are – how much I love the community I’ve found here – I want to soak it all in and celebrate each one while I can – before MM grows up and tells me there are more important things in my life to worry about – like him. So while he’s completely distracted with his toy maracas and PBS, let’s show off the newest bling addition to my bling family and then do the whole rules and awarding thing, kay?
Now Jen had like five different awards to give away and understandably decided to forgo the “tell five things” bit of the award process and just went straight to the thank yous and awarding. But you know me, I cannot pass up the chance to talk about myself, so I went to the page of her awarder to see what the rules would have been and it looked FUN so, here are the rules:
- You have to pass it on to 5 other fabulous blogs in a post.
- You have to list 5 of your fabulous addictions in the post.
- You must copy and paste the rules and the instructions below in the post.
Here are 5 of my favorite addictions:
- Um blogging, obviously
- Wachusett Sour Cream and Onion potato chips – I have to ration them or risk inhaling 1,000 calories in one sitting.
- Grey’s Anatomy, Bones, America’s Next Top Model…
- Reading as many books as humanly possible and staying up too late doing so
- Playing silly games on Facebook like Pack Rat or Geo Challenge
And here are five fabulous bloggers that I cannot get enough of:
Congrats ladies! Have a fabulous day!
I’m an award winner! My lovely bloggy friend Patrice @ Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman just awarded me with my very first ever bloggy award – how cool is that? So here’s it is, The Diamond Award:
Pretty huh? So the rules for accepting this award are pretty simple – first I mention it on my blog (check) then I award it to seven other bloggers! That should be both easy and hard at the same time – easy to think of seven brilliant bloggers, but HARD to narrow it down. But I’ll do my best.
- Jen @ Daily Mish Mash will be my first awardee. I am some kind of addicted to her Friday Eye Candy and love her blog in general. Brilliant blogger, yeah that would be her.
- Jenni @ Jiggety Jigg always cracks me up and has shown me at least one GOOD thing about Sarah Palin (which isn’t easy) – her SHOES. We can all appreciate good shoes, and Jenni is superb at things like that – you know, seeing the good in everyone and having fabulous taste in shoes. Brilliant.
- Karen @ Write From Karen hosts this weekly meme, Monday Mornings, which I always look forward to. She is funny and witty and so smart. She’s been very vocal lately about fact checking where this election is concerned which is so important. Karen is one of my very favorite bloggers and so deserving of The Diamond Award.
- Andrea @ Chocolate Fingerprints (formerly Simple Things): Andrea recently hosted this excellent Babywearing Carnival where she interviewed the makers of several fabulous baby carriers, charities involved in babywearing and even did giveaways! She also just got her own self hosted blog with her own domain name – which kind of inspired me to do the same. What better way to say thank you than give her this Diamond Award which she is so deserving of.
- Dana @ Supernanny Where Are You? is another of my favorite bloggers – you might know her weekly meme, Top 5 Tuesday – a few weeks ago she even let me choose the theme for that week’s meme which was so much fun if not completely nerve wrecking trying to pick a good one! She’s also always telling the best stories about her family and her job as a mail carrier – which is always always amusing, if you don’t believe me just check out this post. She recently switched to cloth diapers which I’m so planning to do with our next baby, so I’ve been loving all her posts about the transition.
- Kat @ Sunshine and Lemonade is one of my favorite blogs to peruse – she writes about everything and it’s always fun, hilarious and a general good time. Also, little known secret, I love her blog style. Sooooo fun and simple. Someday I hope my blog can be half as pretty as hers.
- Jennifer @ Snapshot runs one of my favorite blogs (in addition to her own) she’s the editor of 5 Minutes For Books. So everytime Tuesday when I’m blogging about kids books or classic books or what’s on my bookshelf, she’s basically the mastermind. And another Jennifer – seriously I think half my blogroll is comprised of Jennifers of some variety. Great minds have the same name?
So, in closing, thank you Patrice for this wonderful award. And thank you to my readers – you are my inspiration, my reason for blogging, and I couldn’t do it without you! (Well okay, I could, but it wouldn’t be as much fun…)