snagged from Jen @ Stuff Jen Says…
- Quick, what’ll it be: coffee or tea?
First thing in the morning, I’ll likely go for a cup of coffee; in the afternoons I prefer tea typically (or hot cocoa)
- How many “hits” a week would say that you take?
Not enough that referring to them as “hits” made sense – haha – I usually have a cup of coffee or tea in the morning and a few times a week I’ll have tea in the afternoon – so around 7-10 cups a week I’d guess? Darn you for making me do math on my coffee break!
- If there was to be a coffee or tea drink named after you on the menu board at Starbucks, what would it be?
“Jen’s Sweet Tooth Special” has a nice ring to it – guaranteed to be sweet enough (probably too sweet if you’re one of those weird black coffee drinkers) with as much milk as it takes (no cream or half and half please) and maybe some shots of chocolate or something else unnecessarily sweet in addition?
- Do you drink coffee when it’s hot out?
I’d probably get an iced coffee, but sure – that’s the best time to have an iced coffee after all!
- How do you feel about Starbucks Frappuccinos?
I’m a big fan – they are always sweet enough, and since it’s a cold drink I don’t have to wait for it to cool down so I can drink it! Besides dessert coffee is really my area of preference.
- Where in the world would you most like to sit down and order a coffee or tea?
I can see being in love with the idea of having a cup of coffee in Paris – it just sounds romantic. And of course since my not-so-realistic travel bug is still nibbling, I wouldn’t mind a nice cafe in Vermont or Maine either. Actually – any celebratory ‘my husband got a job’ coffee would be awesome – if he’s employed then I’m guessing I’ll be happy wherever we are – and since I’ll be able to afford to go out for coffee then, I won’t have to worry about going to jail for stealing coffee – that’d be good, too, because drinking coffee in a jail cell is not on my list of acceptable answers to this question.
- Were your parents coffee drinkers? Tea drinkers?
My dad doesn’t drink either pretty much at all – I actually have no idea which my mother would prefer as she didn’t raise me, I’ve never had either with her.
- Would you prefer coffee or tea in a shop or at home?
I will probably like the drink better if it’s at home so I can mix it to my absolute preference – but I love going out for coffee or teas anyway. Nothing like relaxing at a good coffee shop.
- Would you ever wear jewelry made out of coffee beans or earrings shaped like coffee cups?
No, I’m sorry, that’s just unacceptable.
- What is the absolute most perfect pastry to be taken alongside a coffee or tea?
There aren’t many bad pastries to eat with coffee or tea – cakes, breads, pies, cookies – I like them all. Right now I’m craving a chocolate chip cookie fresh out of the oven so that’s my answer today.
I kind of feel like pulling up the covers and hiding today – but I get the impression that my absence would be noticed, so instead I’m going to share with you some of my current favorite distractions – sure to brighten up your weekend or at least provide you with new things to attempt to call “work” when your kid asks what you’re doing – will they be fooled? Or will they beg to “work” with you?
Have you heard of Likaholix? It’s basically a website devoted to stuff you like – search for products, places, blogs & websites – and tell people why you like them – it can connect to Facebook for easy connection to all your other diversions (and friends). The more people you connect to on Likaholix the funner it is. Don’t believe me? Try it for yourself. (Let me know if that invite link doesn’t work for you – and I’ll see what I can do ::winks::)
Speaking of nothing related to that, can you KenKen? Do you know what a KenKen is? Apparently it’s the new big in math puzzles, similar to Sudoku but like on crack. Jen @ Stuff Jen Says wrote a post about it recently and I’m all sorts of intrigued and petrified by this new craze.
According to Wikipedia, KenKen “is a style of arithmetic and logical puzzle sharing several characteristics with sudoku. The name comes from Japanese and is translated as “the square of wisdom” or “cleverness squared.”
“The objective is to fill the grid in with the digits 1 through 6 such that:
- Each row contains exactly one of each digit
- Each column contains exactly one of each digit
- Each bold-outlined group of cells is a cage containing digits which achieve the specified result using the specified mathematical operation: addition (+), subtraction (-), multiplication (×), and division (÷). (Unlike in Killer Sudoku, digits may repeat within a group.)”
Think you can KenKen? Try it out online here, here or here.
Okay, last diversion, and I promise this one doesn’t involve nearly as much thinking – no, this diversion focuses more on destruction – mayhem – breaking things – but without the messy clean up. Go to NetDisaster, type in the web address of your favorite website, choose your poison and then watch the magic happen. It’s severely addicting and easy. I spent far too much time than was probably necessary flooding my blog & making protesters picket up and down it (but not at the same time, which could have been awesome… hmmm….)
That’s all for this week – have a great, diverted weekend guys!
I snagged this meme from Jen @ Stuff Jen Says and since I’m sitting here being all boring and “not-wanting-to-do-anything-ish” I figured I’d go ahead and meme to my heart’s content. Like there was any chance I wouldn’t… Honestly, when was the last time I turned down a good meme?
- What is your salad dressing of choice?
I really like Annie’s Goddess Dressing or a raspberry vinaigrette
- What is your favorite sit-down restaurant?
It’d have to be Applebees, we are Applebees fanatics in this family. Also love my new mexican place
- What food could you eat for two weeks straight and not get sick of it?
I gotta be honest, there aren’t many of them, but some things I eat a lot of are Greek yogurt, Trader Joe’s cheese puffs, Wachusett Sour Cream and Onion potato chips and right about now – Girl Scout Cookies.
- What are your pizza toppings of choice?
spinach, feta cheese & Alfredo sauce
- What do you like to put on your toast?
either butter (preferably ICBINB) or peanut butter, sometimes jelly
- How many televisions are in your house?
two but we almost never watch the second one (in our bedroom)
- What color cell phone do you have?
bright red – it’s beautiful
- Are you right-handed or left-handed?
- Have you ever had anything removed from your body?
one baby and my wisdom teeth (and that other tooth that makes me hate dentists…)
- What is the last heavy item you lifted?
My son after I came into his room to say “get back in bed” only to be greeted by a pile of poop on the floor. Yeah you totally wanted to hear that didn’t you? Good news is my son was heavier than the poop and somehow his bed and sheets remained unstained.
- Have you ever been knocked unconscious?
Nope, not that I recall
- If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die?
No I really couldn’t handle that kind of knowledge gracefully.
- If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
I really have no desire to change it at all – I’m fairly happy with my name actually.
- Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000?
No but I might be able to convince my husband to do it for me, does that count?
- How many pairs of flip-flops do you own?
I think two but I only wear one pair – my Croc flip flops were one of my first true loves.
- What’s your goal for the year?
To have a baby. So far I’m half way to meeting that goal, so I guess it’s going well.
- Last person you talked to?
Verbally – my son – you can imagine what I said to him. “Textually” my husband – we discussed our calories for the day. I neglected to tell him about his son’s adventures, not wanting to put a damper on his mood yet. I’ll save that for when he gets home.
- Last person you hugged?
My son. Obviously before the pooping on the floor incident of twenty minutes ago.
- Favorite season?
probably the fall – I like the spring and love summer, but for me autumn has the most ideal, warm and non-buggy weather, and not as much rain as the spring.
- Favorite holiday?
I don’t even know anymore. Being a grown up kind of ruins holidays because you have to be all grown-up like. Can I say my son’s birthday? Next year that won’t even be so easy because I can’t in good conscience play favorites with their birthdays.
- Favorite day of the week?
Toss up between Saturday and Sunday, depends on what we have going on I guess.
- Favorite month?
That one where only awesome things happen and the weather is beautiful for 30 days straight?
- First place you went this morning?
to the living room to sit around and look like Death while my husband worked out with the WiiFit (why do they have to be so productive and goody goody when we’re not?)
- What’s the last movie you saw?
Well I watched Space Chimps two or three times this morning but the last “newest” movie I saw was the newest National Treasure movie. Last movie in theater? Heck if I remember. I probably blogged about it?
- Do you smile often?
Probably not as much as I should – I don’t really keep track
- Do you always answer your phone?
When I want to and I hear it ringing – sometimes my phone just sort of brain farts and chooses not to ring for no apparent reason. And sometimes I’m a jerk. But other than that, yes, always.
- It’s four in the morning and you get a text message, who is it?
AT&T saying, “We know that you don’t actually have text messaging as an option in your plan so even though you can’t send or receive text messages from people you like, we’re still going to send you junk text messages, encouraging you to buy games and songs for your phone, even though you’ve never done that, ever.” True story.
- If you could change your eye color what would it be?
I think blue or green could be fun – but I’d want it to be temporary with the option to change them anytime I wanted.
- What flavor drink do you get at Sonic?
I’ll have to get back to you on that if and when I ever go to a Sonic – are they good?
- Have you ever had a pet fish?
Not of my own, personally, but my dad and grandma have kept them in outdoor ponds (and killed all of them in quick succession). My family shouldn’t be allowed to own fish – I think we’re cursed in that department.
- Favorite Christmas song?
“Baby It’s Cold Outside”
- What’s on your wish list for your birthday?
I’d love to get a new cell phone – I’d also love a new car, a house and a new wide screen tv but I’m guessing you meant realistic wish list?
- Can you do push-ups?
I’m pretty sure that’s a pregnancy no-no, sorry.
- Can you do a chin-up?
I’m pretty sure that’s a pregnancy no-no, sorry.
- Does the future make you more nervous or excited?
Mostly excited, definitely some nervousness thrown in for good measure though.
- If given the chance, would you go back in time?
Nah, probably not – future maybe.
- Do you have any saved texts?
Did you read question number 27? No? Stop being a lazy meme reader and scroll back up. ::taps foot:: I’ll wait.
- Ever been in a car wreck?
- Do you have an accent?
Not really – I’m kind of void of accent I think. Probably comes with the territory of moving too much. I don’t actually belong anywhere.
- What is the last song to make you cry?
Beats me. I’m pregnant – lots of things make me cry – and yet right now nothing comes to mind at all. Maybe it was a 1st trimester thing?
- Plans tonight?
Watching American Idol and Lie To Me – and making chicken Parmesan – fun, exciting times!
- Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom?
- Name three things you bought yesterday.
Well my husband did the actual shopping (mid week groceries) but three of the things he got were whole grain pasta flour, my 100 calorie kettle corn pop corn & bananas
- Have you ever been given roses?
- Current hate right now?
- Met someone who changed your life?
Duh my husband
- How did you bring in the New Year?
We went to my husband’s bosses house again – I think it’s probably our new tradition. It was fun – we had fondu and my son fell and smacked his head on their dining room table in the middle of a chocolate coma – awesome. (Man, am I in a mood or what?)
- What song represents you?
“Daughters” by John Mayer which could also be called, “Try Not To Mess Up Your Kids Lives Too Much” by John Mayer
- What were you doing midnight last night?
probably turning over from my left side to my right and shaking off whichever leg had fallen asleep
- What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up?
“Honestly, you couldn’t have let me finish my dream? I was dreaming about Booth and Brennan for pete’s sake!”
If you’re feeling all blah and life-avoidy today, too, consider yourself tagged. If you aren’t feeling that way but still want to fill this out, you’re tagged, too. It’s a two-fer.
My old swap buddy Meg @ Faith & Gasoline just gave me the Kreativ Blogger award! She’s such a sweetie and today seemed like the perfect day to spread a little bloggy love, so now I’m going to pass it on to some of you, my loyal and faithful readers! But first – the rules:
- List seven of the things I love.
- Present the Kreativ Blogger award to seven other bloggers.
Seven Things I Looooooove Are:
- My Family - this is all inclusive, because, duh obviously I love my husband, my son, my not-yet-born little BB, my parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles – it would get tedious to list them all, but a crime to leave any out – so they’re all getting grouped together right here! Hope they like being all squished together-like!
- Getting Great Stuff For Free - like this cool Itzbeen Baby Care Timer that I reviewed @ Momma’s Review today. I can’t wait till little BB is born so I can put this to excellent use! Being a review blogger is pretty much the most awesome thing I’ve ever done and working for my bestie Ange is pretty fantastic. I’ll be reviewing a lot of other great stuff soon, so if you haven’t bookmarked Momma’s Review yet you really should!
- The book I’m reading! – I’ve had excellent book luck so far this year and Waiting For Birdy by Catherine Newman is no exception. Get this guys – it’s a memoir by a woman who wrote a column at babycenter.com about finding out she was pregnant with her second child (when her first child, a son, was about 2 1/2) and all those weird second time around, “Do I really want this?” stuff as well as typical mommy worries, potty training, etc. It’s like reading about my life by someone way better at writing than me. Spooky but awesome. You can read some great teasers for this book here.
- Breyer’s Double Fudge Brownie Fat Free Ice Cream - this stuff is delicious – like swoon worthy and only has 110 calories in a one cup serving. It’s unreal. We switched to frozen yogurt for awhile to cut down on calories and were pretty happy with that decision – then in walked this ice cream and BAM are we hooked. It’s like guilt free heaven.
- Cuddling With MM – he’s growing up so fast, learning new things every day and gaining independence by leaps and bounds. He annoys the heck out of me (especially when he strips down naked and pees all over his bed) but man I love just sitting down and cuddling with him – and I love it when he asks me to cuddle – he really is the best!
- Whole Foods – I had never been to a Whole Foods before and wasn’t really sure what the hype was. I mean, isn’t Trader Joe’s good enough? And while I love me some TJ, now that I’ve been to a Whole Foods, I get the hype. They are nice – it’s kind of like going to the Gourmet Grocery Store except stuff is still very reasonably priced. I just wish our closest location were a little bit closer and not quite in quite so ghetto a neighborhood. Our location does story time with milk and cookies on Tuesdays and seriously if they weren’t where they are, I’d be loving the idea of taking MM there for that!
- Yogi Chai Tea - I’ve been a pretty huge Tazo fan for awhile and still love their teas (especially the frappucino style you can get at Starbucks) but I recently tried Yogi Tea’s chai for the first time (I found it at our Whole Foods) and oh my lord, it is heavenly. It has a little bit lighter of a flavor but still so delicious and the aroma is just out of this world. By far the best cuppa tea I’ve ever had.
Wasn’t that fun? I think even managed to sneak in some blogging about things I’ve been doing lately, etc. that would have been too ittle for a blog post of their own – it’s like a “random stuff” post with a purpose – not to mention how nice it is to think about all the awesome stuff in our lives, instead of just our gripes and complaints (sore back, sprained foot, my car’s check enginge light is on, my son strips down naked and pees all over his bed…) so it seems fititng that I end this with something else that makes me superly happy and filled to tbe brim with love – YOU! Here’s a special little shout out to seven of my readers who make me smile constantly:
- Krystyn @ Really Are You Serious
- Scrap Girl @ Serendipity
- Sue @ My Musings
- Ange @ Red Knows How
- Jen @ Stuff Jen Says
- Nancy @ Life With My Boys
- Jean @ Working Momma 247
It’s no secret that in the blogging world comments are a precious commodity. We covet them, crave them and seriously appreciate every little one that we get. A sign of a well loved post is often the comment count. So it makes sense that the sign of a well loved blogging buddy might be the number of times they comment on your blog. I have a large handful of regular readers and commenters but there are some special blogging pals who consistently send me comments on a regular basis – sometimes on nearly every post I write (and that is an accomplishment in a half). So I was super excited when Jen @ Daily Mish Mash awared me with the Star Commenter award, not only because it’s fun winning awards and being appreciated, but because I was super excited to pass the award along to some of my truly fabulous readers / commenters. So with all that said, I’d like to award the following:
To the following:
I’m sure there are more of you that I’m forgetting, but seriously look at that list – it’s humongous! I’m feeling all proud and sentimental and girly just looking at it. You guys (and all my other readers, too) seriously rock my socks off. ::meep::
It seems like I’m constantly finding cool, awesome perfect things at Jen‘s blog. Today I found the most fantastic video tribute to one of my favorite places in the world, Trader Joes.
Wasn’t that fantastic? Doesn’t it kind of make you want to go grocery shopping? No? Just me? Oh well.
Another great video that I found at Stuff Jen Says. You can customize the video with any name to send to your friends!
Congratulations on being the creator of a new Evil Plan ™!
Your objective is simple: World Domination.
Your motive is a little bit more complex: Love (Yes, it works)
To begin your plan, you must first blackmail a senator. This will cause the world to whisper among themselves, overwhelmed by your arrival. Who is this criminal mastermind? Where did they come from? And why do they look so good in classic black?
Next, you must seize control of united nations. This will all be done from a corporate tower, a mysterious place of unrivaled dark glory. Upon seeing this, the world will lose their minds, as countless hordes of corporate suits hasten to do your every bidding.
Finally, you must reveal to the world your arcane ritual, bringing about an end to sanity. Your name shall become synonymous with insanity, and no man will ever again dare cross you. Everyone will bow before your extraordinary charisma, and the world will have no choice but to worship the ground you walk on.
Like what you see? Well get your grubby paws off my evil plan – you can get your own here.
Thanks to Jen @ Stuff Jen Says for posting her Evil Plan, which inspired me to do likewise.