I’ve never seen either of these shows (not having a DVR kind of stinks) but I’ve always wanted to! To enter this fabulous DVD giveaway, head over to Sunshine and Lemonade and dish on your favorite tv shows – you can also blog about the giveaway or follow her on blogger for extra entries. Good luck!
I’m an award winner! My lovely bloggy friend Patrice @ Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman just awarded me with my very first ever bloggy award – how cool is that? So here’s it is, The Diamond Award:
Pretty huh? So the rules for accepting this award are pretty simple – first I mention it on my blog (check) then I award it to seven other bloggers! That should be both easy and hard at the same time – easy to think of seven brilliant bloggers, but HARD to narrow it down. But I’ll do my best.
- Jen @ Daily Mish Mash will be my first awardee. I am some kind of addicted to her Friday Eye Candy and love her blog in general. Brilliant blogger, yeah that would be her.
- Jenni @ Jiggety Jigg always cracks me up and has shown me at least one GOOD thing about Sarah Palin (which isn’t easy) – her SHOES. We can all appreciate good shoes, and Jenni is superb at things like that – you know, seeing the good in everyone and having fabulous taste in shoes. Brilliant.
- Karen @ Write From Karen hosts this weekly meme, Monday Mornings, which I always look forward to. She is funny and witty and so smart. She’s been very vocal lately about fact checking where this election is concerned which is so important. Karen is one of my very favorite bloggers and so deserving of The Diamond Award.
- Andrea @ Chocolate Fingerprints (formerly Simple Things): Andrea recently hosted this excellent Babywearing Carnival where she interviewed the makers of several fabulous baby carriers, charities involved in babywearing and even did giveaways! She also just got her own self hosted blog with her own domain name – which kind of inspired me to do the same. What better way to say thank you than give her this Diamond Award which she is so deserving of.
- Dana @ Supernanny Where Are You? is another of my favorite bloggers – you might know her weekly meme, Top 5 Tuesday – a few weeks ago she even let me choose the theme for that week’s meme which was so much fun if not completely nerve wrecking trying to pick a good one! She’s also always telling the best stories about her family and her job as a mail carrier – which is always always amusing, if you don’t believe me just check out this post. She recently switched to cloth diapers which I’m so planning to do with our next baby, so I’ve been loving all her posts about the transition.
- Kat @ Sunshine and Lemonade is one of my favorite blogs to peruse – she writes about everything and it’s always fun, hilarious and a general good time. Also, little known secret, I love her blog style. Sooooo fun and simple. Someday I hope my blog can be half as pretty as hers.
- Jennifer @ Snapshot runs one of my favorite blogs (in addition to her own) she’s the editor of 5 Minutes For Books. So everytime Tuesday when I’m blogging about kids books or classic books or what’s on my bookshelf, she’s basically the mastermind. And another Jennifer – seriously I think half my blogroll is comprised of Jennifers of some variety. Great minds have the same name?
So, in closing, thank you Patrice for this wonderful award. And thank you to my readers – you are my inspiration, my reason for blogging, and I couldn’t do it without you! (Well okay, I could, but it wouldn’t be as much fun…)
Friday Fill-Ins are brought to you in part by Janet @ Fond of Snape and by viewers like you. Or not.
1. Taking a day trip to Boston, decorating pumpkins and trick or treating with MM are some of the things I’m most looking forward to in October.
2. Sometimes I like to imagine what my life would be like if I were a pirate, ninja, secret agent, forensic anthropologist, neurosurgeon.
3. Women, in my opinion, change our minds as often as we change our handbags, and that’s why there is a saying, “never say never”!
4. When I’m down, I like to put on a good song, something that provides opportunity for lots of loud screaming or hand gestures, and go for a long drive by myself.
5. Changing poopy diapers or blogging is where you’ll find me most often.
6. A rainy day is good for helping plants grow?
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to relaxing at home with dh, tomorrow my plans include game night with some friends and Sunday, I want to do something different – may go back to the apple orchard to visit their playground…
And Friday Follies are made possible by Kat @ Sunshine & Lemonade:
Roller coaster or Merry-go-round? I’ll take the merry-go-round, I’m not feeling terribly adventurous this morning and merry-go-rounds are always fun!
Have you ever purchased something from a telemarketer? How about from an infomercial? Not really by choice but those people at the credit card companies are fiends! I’ve got every kind of protection they could give me before I managed to hang up the phone.
Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage in it head on? I’d rather avoid it, but if necessary, I’m ready to bring it.
What is the most recent compliment you have received? I really couldn’t tell you… let me see if my husband is available… nope sorry, maybe later…
Do you collect anything? What? Books… extra weight?
What are you currently reading? Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte for the Classics Book Club @ 5 Minutes for Books.
Silence or background noise? Background noise. I like to have something going on around me or my thoughts might run away from me…
Pick one: hang glide, sky dive, bungee jump, hot air balloon, or fly a kite? fly a kite – I’m kind of a whimp, and I’ve never done any of them, so let’s start with easy, shall we?
What is your favorite spectator sport? a Red Sox game
You just won $50,000. But you have to spend it all in one place. Where are you spending it? Downpayment on a house. I’d be a fool to spend it anywhere else and it would make for an awfully good downpayment.
Stole Borrowed this meme from Kat @ Sunshine and Lemonade because it looked fun – 4 lists of 7 things, which is pretty perfect for me – those are my lucky numbers. Anyway it’s all about what you can do, can’t do, haven’t done and want to do, in short. Sounds like a nice zen way to finish off my posts for the day.
7 things I can’t do
- whistle. I try, really, but I kind of just puff air and hum. My husband thinks it’s hilarious.
- definitely swim & float – I’m convinced I can but not convinced enough to be okay with not touching the bottom. I won’t take MM swimming without the hubs because of this (who by the way is the world’s most greatest swimmer ever (hubs not MM).
- watch movies or tv shows where someone’s child or parent dies – at least it can’t be emotionally established. That rules out a lot of shows. It has to be really, really good for me to watch it anyway – like Bones / Grey’s Anatomy good. Which coincidentally have a ton of that. Go figure. I guess I lied.
- Learn foreign languages with ease – I’ve had YEARS of French so I’m like okay with that, but all other languages I’ll likely never get further than a PBS preschool show would teach you.
- Work a lighter – I also don’t like lighting matches. I’m not afraid of fire – just the fire hurting me.
- Drive a stick shift. I tried, it was scary. I cried. Automatics? Not so scary? Not so many tears? I was good with automatic. But sometimes I think I should try to learn the stick shift thing again.
- Knit – or crochet or do any of those cute susie homemaker crafty things. I’ve tried because it looks fun and I’d be proud, but I’m horrible at it. My fingers lack all coordination and ease and it’s very stressful. And since it seems to be one of those things you do to relax, I gave up. My husband by the way – he knits and crochets. Very well. He says he learned so all the supplies he bought me wouldn’t go to waste. Whatever makes him happy, I say, especially if I get free scarves and sweaters…
7 Things I do well
- Read without abandon – I really LOVE to read – if I’m pressed for reading materials, I read street signs and cereal boxes, etc.
- Blog. At least IMO, I blog like a … person who blogs a lot. Well.
- Bake cookies – and other things, too, but seriously me and cookies? We’re out of this world.
- Read bedtime stories out loud – my dad was giving me advice for this, telling me to practice before MM was born and I was like, “Seriously dad? It’s not that hard.” It isn’t, because I’m a natural.
- Understand preschool / toddler gibberish. MMMMLingLingmuGling. Okay Lighting McQueen, whatever you say.
- Procrastinate – never do today what you can do tomorrow or the next day or what was I supposed to do again? Oh right – here, done.
- Plan things – I plan like there’s no tomorrow. I have lists for the next 6 vacations or so we’ll take as a family, our savings budget up until then, what shows are on TV for the next 3 weeks, what to blog about this week, what to do today… It’s scary I know.
7 Things I have never done
- Gone to Canada, Hawaii or Mexico – I’ve lived in 3 states, gone to 10 schools and been to Germany, but I’ve never been to those places which it seems like all normal people have.
- Smoked crack.
- Gone on an honest to goodness picnic – with like the basket and blanket and stuff?
- Flown a kite
- Watched an episode of “Survivor”
- Broken a bone – any bone, no bones. Haven’t done it. The only surgery I’ve had is dental and cesarean.
- Ridden a unicycle
7 Things I want to do
- Renew my vows. In the dress of my dreams or at least a dress I love. Done the way I want.
- Not to completely steal Kat’s answers, but yes, travel travel travel – everywhere – as I’ve said before there is NO end to my wander lust.
- Take some photography classes with my hubby’s Nikon D40 (unless he buys me a Rebel before then)
- Have more children.
- Own my own home. Or two. You know, whatev.
- See an opera or Broadway style play or musical
- Meet my mother and her family.
What do you want to do? What are you awesome at? What are you not so awesome at? Fess up.