Totally just stole this meme from Fond of Snape, who stole it from Faith who stole it from Andrew, who created this list of 100 things that I think every good omnivore should have tried at least once in their life. He says:
1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional extra: Post a comment here linking to your results.
1. Venison: Was tricked into it by my grandpa it wasn’t bad but I didn’t love it.
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare: I barely like red meat, nevermind raw – and especially not horse.
5. Crocodile: Sorry, not happening
6. Black pudding: all set with eating blood, thanks
7. Cheese fondue: Chocolate fondue is so much better though.
8. Carp: I may have had this, but I’m not sure and I won’t lie to you.
10. Baba ghanoush: Love the name. Can’t stop saying it…
13. PB&J sandwich: I’m such a good omnivore, I eat this almost every day.
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart: In Germany no less.
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes: I’ve had every flavor Arbor Mist makes… haha
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras
24. Rice and beans: I love me some Mexican Food and this part is a must
25. Brawn, or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper I’m not a fan of the spicy, despite liking Mexican Food, I know…
27. Dulce de leche
28. Oysters: I like mussels better
29. Baklava: Love baklava – had it on my wedding cheesecake
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas: By accident. Ouch.
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl: You haven’t lived until you have…
33. Salted lassi
34. Sauerkraut: Did I mention I went to Germany? It’s hard to avoid there…
35. Root beer float: I make them myself at home.
36. Cognac with a fat cigar: No thank you.
37. Clotted cream tea
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O: You mean a jello shot? Hello.
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects
44. Goat’s milk: Get back to me next week…
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more
46. Fugu: One, you eat it raw – two, if it’s cut[/edit] wrong, you can die. Or so I learned on Harvest Moon.
47. Chicken tikka masala
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut: Yes, but I can’t believe this is on the list. Seriously? Right after eel and before sea urchin is a krispy kreme doughnut? ::shakes head::
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal: Yes but I’m not a fan
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV
59. Poutine: No, but I want to try it!
60. Carob chips
61. S’mores: I wasn’t born yesterday.
62. Sweetbreads Again, no thank you.
66. Frogs’ legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake: oh yes
68. Haggis: No thank you.
69. Fried plantain: Yes but I didn’t like it as much as I thought I would.
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette
71. Gazpacho: Not a fan though
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost, or brunost
75. Roadkill: Um…no and no and hell no! [I second that]
77. Hostess Fruit Pie: Hey if you’re really pressed for cash but need pie…
79. Lapsang souchong
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant
85. Kobe beef
90. Criollo chocolate
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox
97. Lobster Thermidor (Contrary to what my grandmother will tell you, I don’t like lobster – but I won’t tell her that)
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee