Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving (or just a wonderful Thursday to my international visitors)!
I’ll be off today visiting family, family and more family, then taking the kiddo to see Bolt which looks soooo cute! In celebration of this Thankful Thursday here are thirteen things I am thankful for this year:
- Having a strong marriage to a wonderful husband who I fall more in love with every day.
- A smart, adorable son who amazes me constantly and fills me to the brim with love.
- A caring, kind hearted family who is always there to help when needed and share our happy memories. I love living so close to them especially while my son is young.
- Friends that make me feel very lucky – who I wish I could see way more often.
- The luck of being married to an engineer, whose hard work and smarts make it possible for me to stay home with my son.
- Being debt free in the midst of our nation’s financial crisis.
- The price of gas finally falling for the first time in YEARS – may it continue to do so or at least not rise again too soon.
- That my Christmas shopping is almost done, which seems unreal!
- Having a roof over my head, food in my refrigerator and a fresh supply of drinking water – not something everyone can say, unfortunately.
- For finally finding a “diet” that seems to work.
- That my bedroom floor is finally nearly empty – we’ve been cleaning HARD this week and it looks amazing!
- My relatively good health – we’ve been blessed so far with few accidents, illnesses and mishaps.
- Lastly, I’m thankful that I won’t be hosting Turkey Day – won’t be in the kitchen cooking all day for all my friends and family and won’t be stuck doing all the clean up afterwards (though I’m likely to help the people who are) – I am well aware how fortunate I am to have amazing women already filling that role – and to the women reading this who host Thanksgiving for your families, consider me in awe of you!