Friday Finds asks:
“What great books did you hear about / discover this past week? Share with us your FRIDAY FINDS!”
I actually seem to have discovered a ton of great books for my TBR pile this week – here are the results, according to my GoodReads account:
- 10-10-10: A Life Transforming Idea by Suzy Welch – I actually won this book recently from Naida at The Bookworm.
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma by Michael Pollen – my church is planning to discuss this book in August – I’ve thought about reading it several times but now I have a great reason so I ordered it from Amazon and I’m anxiously awaiting it’s arrival.
- Cinnamon City by Miranda Innes – My bloggy buddy Scrap Girl @ Serendipity reviewed this a few days ago – travel journals are a recent intrigue of mine and her review has me dying to read this one. Also on my list now is Getting to Manana by Miranda Innes – another travel journal by the same author, tells the story of purchasing her Spanish home.
- Everyone Is Beautiful: A Novel by Katherine Center – 5 Minutes For Books just featured this book in their Tuesday Book Carnival and my friend Jean @ Working Momma 247 gave it a great review that has me dying to check it out!
- The Spellmans Strike Again by Lisa Lutz – I just read in her latest newsletter that Lisa Lutz plans to publish the latest installment in the Spellmans series this coming Spring – so exciting!
- Valiant by Holly Black – Another book reviewed by Scrap Girl – an edgy young adult fairie tale that is nothing like normal fairie stories – sounds very cool. I’ve seen this book a gazillion times as well as her other book, Tithe – but I just added them to my TBR list after reading Scrap Girl’s review.