Winter came in with a bang this year with a snowstorm delivering 20 inches of snow in some areas of my town. While I look forward to a White Christmas, let’s think about the winter season ahead and make some goals and wishes for the season.
Things to Do
- blow bubbles outside and watch them freeze
- Ring in the new year – I want to throw a little Family New Years Party with the kids and our in laws visiting. Order some take out, watch a movie and play board games, make a fun dessert and see how late we can stay up!
- throw a party – maybe a New Present Party for the kids (everyone bring a fun new present they received and have fun playing with friends?) or a book exchange party?
Things to Make
- lots of paper snowflakes
- some new jewelry designs like these earrings or these hair combs.
- a bookcase for BB, I am loving this doll house bookcase.
- snow playdough
- homemade valentines for MM’s class – haven’t decided on a design yet but I have lots of ideas pinned.
- a better way to organize MM’s collection of Lego’s, K’nex, Erector Set, etc. Maybe something like this but to include all types of building sets instead of sorting by color. Maybe just another bookcase… Any ideas?
Places to Go
- a local museum like the Geology Museum or the Mustard Museum – we’ve been wanting to visit both since we moved here but haven’t done it yet.
- Visit the Botanical Gardens indoor garden and soak up some nature on a cold winter day.
- My favorite yoga studio – Time to start actively trying to get into better shape again either via yoga or some active video games or DVDs.