We’re having a lazy summer day here. The kids are playing some epic game of make believe, the dog is peacefully snoozing (for once) and I’m trying to catch up on email, RSS feeds and household chores and scrambling to get the family ready for an upcoming trip. But first, it’s time for my weekend link love – because I’m fairly certain the world would end if I didn’t share these links with you. Or nobody would notice at all. Definitely one of those.
- First. cake. Deb @ Smitten Kitchen shares her friend Valerie’s decadent french chocolate cake. The pictures seriously make me swoon and yearn for a slice immediately.
- Last week the Huffington Post shared 14 quotes on parenting from some of the funniest dads in Hollywood. I’ll never think of Paul Rudd the same way again.
- To raise awareness of child hunger this summer, ConAgra Foods Foundation is donating the monetary equivalent of one meal to Feeding America for every view, like, or share of this video. Thanks to Dude Mom for sharing this on her Facebook page!
- If you are struggling to find the motivation to deal with dinners this summer (me, too), you may want to check out Ree’s new Freezer Food category on Pioneer Woman Cooks.
- Upworthy shared this extreme (but effective) way to end homelessness and I’m kind of loving the idea, in theory. What do you think?
- Lastly, I just stumbled on this comic strip called Unshelved and I’m absolutely hooked and kind of want to go work in a library (or book store again?) like right now. This, I think, is now my goal for finding employment in the fall.