So Auds over at Barking Mad had this brilliant idea to host a bloggy “dinner party” – not a real dinner party with like food and stuff but more like a bloggy group hug – I think you are awesome, let’s celebrate kind of party… Confused? Here’s what Auds wrote:
Create a post telling us who you are inviting and what about that person’s writing makes you think they’d be an intriguing/funny/interesting person to share a meal with… Once you’ve created your post, be sure and come back here and link (Mr. Linky makes it EASY PEASY!) to that specific post on your blog, and make sure you link back here telling others about the Barking Mad Dinner Party.
So yeah, I thought this sounded like fun. Before I get to the guest list, I thought I’d tell you what a dinner party at our place would be like, if you could come here in person – for starters, we’d all be crammed into our tiny little apartment which would be rather funny if you all brought children, spouses, or dates. We’d definitely sitting stacked on one another’s laps, let’s put it that way!
I’d think about cleaning up beforehand, but there would likely still be toys everywhere, as it’s impossible to explain to a two year old why the apartment can’t look like people live there. On the menu would be homemade pizza by my husband – who experiments with his recipe often enough that I’m not sure I could tell you exactly what kind of pizza it will be, but can safely assure you that you will probably be in love with it. He makes excellent pizza.
It will probably not be a big booze fest, as all of our parties these days seem to actively involve the kiddos and well it would seem strange to me to get all tipsy while in charge of small children. There would be plenty of sodas and juice boxes to go around a very “serve yourself” atmosphere although I will ask you all about 15 times if I can get you anything to eat or drink, because I’m like that.
If the occasion seems right, we’ll probably pull out some board games for the grown ups, some decks of cards for the non board game playing grown ups, and probably put on a movie for the kids. But it’d be a pretty laid back, fly by the seats of our pants kind of affair. And I’ll probably not look at the clock all night, so if you stay too late, please don’t blame me as I’ll have no idea what time it is until everyone leaves and I’m wondering why it’s 2am already. This also means you can pretty much feel free to pop in whenever as I won’t know the difference. 🙂
Sound fun? GREAT! So let’s see, who’s invited? The guest list for this party was so difficult for me – there are so many great bloggers out there that I’d love to “invite” but here is my list of 10 bloggers who I think would all mostly get along, be hysterical and hopefully have a good time with one another. 🙂 But anyone who wants to crash the party is more than welcome – we don’t play by the rules here! Come on over!
Oh right, the people who are invited formally are:
- Patrice @ not a girl, not yet a woman : The only non-wife or mom to be invited, but such a cool girl she actually should have no problem fitting in here – and I’m sure her upcoming tales of college life will be thrilling and fun to live vicariously through. Not to mention, hanging out at a party full of moms and kids will be like the most stellar form of birth control on the planet! Gee, now I’m hoping she’ll even want to come… haha But seriously, Patrice is awesome – I think a lot of you know her blog and will agree that she’d be warmly welcomed in this group!
- Jen @ daily mish mash : Jen can be counted upon to provide the perfect blend of light hearted humor and serious conversations about things that matter – proof can be found of this just glancing through her blog – her posts ranging in topic from blogging for blood cancer to how absolutely gorgeous Ryan Gosling is – and as long as none of you have a problem with Gosling being hers entirely, there should be no problems! 😉
- Jessica @ farm fresh : I don’t know about you, but my baby cravings get kicked into overdrive very easily, still if Jess and her brand new bundle of awww could make it to the dinner party, that would be stellar. I’m figuring she’d be digging the idea of getting out and hanging with some gal pals and that her gal pals would love to ogle some cute not quite one month old newborn Cadrian goodness.
- Susie @ raising the boys : Susie is one of my favorite moms to twitter with, and as the mother of two adorable boys, we’ll be sure to have fun sharing in the fun and shennanigans that go along with having too much testosterone in the home (okay so I only have one son, but I baby sit SB so often I may as well have two!). Susie is hysterical and she’ll have to tell us all about her recent trip to Vegas if she can make it to the party!
- McMommy @ (where else?) The McMommy Chronicles : I’m thinking it’s just not a party unless McMommy is in the hiz-ouse – her sense of humor cracks me up for hours on end, and if there’s a dull spot in the party (not that there will be, but just in case…) I’ll be counting on her (or her supposedly funnier husband) to crack the joke that brings life back to the party quicker than you can do something funny and quickly. Are you up for the challenege, McMommy? Did that horrible joke a sentence back or so make it clear how much I’ll be needing you there? 🙂
- Jill @ the diaper diaries : She’ll be able to deftly juggle conversations about motherhood, pediatric physical therapy and traveling China – how many of you mommas can say that? And if she’s as witty, diverse and well spoken as her blog would lead you to believe, she should be able to make conversation about those things like you’ve never conversed before. (Notice how I cleverly corner you girls into being witty right.on.the.spot.)
- Dana @ super nanny, where are you? : You know those mothers who do everything so annoyingly well that it makes you want to punch them in the face? Yeah, well Dana is not one of those mothers – she’s real, like you, like me (well maybe not like you, but definitely like me…) And I mean that in the most awesome way possible – she is awesomely real, and will admit when she’s normal, and not shy away from telling you about her day, no matter how colorful her bathroom sink gets or not quite glamorous her baking attempts LOOK – but you know they taste amazing – she’ll be real with you, and laugh with you at the hysterics of your own brood as well – and I like love that. We can punch people in the face together. Word.
- Jen @ stuff jen says : I’m thinking now that there will be THREE Jen’s at the party, that hilarity will likely ensue each time someone says “Jen” and we all say “yes?” or maybe we’ll all refuse to say anything just to be contrary like that, who knows? Point is, that’s not why I’m inviting Jen from Stuff Jen Says – but because, like Jen from Daily Mish Mash, she is awesome. I always love reading the posts on her blog, so I think it’s safe to assume I’d love hanging out with her at this party as well, and oh come on – three Jens in one apartment – it’s gonna be awesome! (Yes I am still aware there will be no real dinner party. Yes it makes me sad…)
- Auds @ barking mad : Well you know I have to invite Auds, this thing was her amazing idea! So I’m counting on her to know what to do when I run out of ideas or burn the invisible food that I won’t be cooking. In between searching for my invisible fire extinguisher she can make her husband talk to us in a British Accent (which will amuse me for hours on end, anyway) and we can all swap stories about our experiences with using Sun In in the 80’s…
- Karen @ write from karen : And lastly, Karen, who couldn’t be least if she tried – Karen has to come – she’s one of my absolute favorite bloggers, one of several great meme thinker uppers on here, and the mother of teenage boys – guys, that’s huge – someday I myself will be the mother of a teenage boy and it frightens me beyond belief – It’s Karen’s dear blog that makes me think there is still hope yet, and that I may be able to survive such a thing without losing my cool completely.
And now I’m thinking maybe nobody will show up – maybe I didn’t cook all of this food for no good reason and there will be nobody to not eat it all with me – I’m toying with the idea of crawling back into my pajamas and pretending this whole thing never happened and I never wanted a social life anyw…
Hold on, somebody is at the blogDoor –
“oh my god, you came!!!!!!”
Don’t you totally want to come to my Bloggy Dinner Party now? All the Cool Kids are doing it – And, don’t forget, it’s a not a party without crashers!