On My Nightstand: Becoming by Michelle Obama
On My Kindle: I Hate Everyone But You by Gaby Dunn
- Jeneration X by Jen Lancaster | Finished 1/14 | One of her better collections of essays IMO. Lots of funny stories. Her books always feel like chatting with your BFF.
- Don’t You Forget About Me by Liz Tipping |Finished 1/31| Slightly getting by on the British locale and the love interest. I rooted for the main character but was continuously frustrated with her.
- Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins |Finished 2/11|I loved Anna and the French Kiss and the writing style in this one continues to make the story compulsively readable but the main characters choices throughout the book drove me batty. I had to kind of check my opinions at the door with this one.
- The Tea Dragon Society by Katie O’Neill | Finished 2/16 |A short sweet graphic novel about a young girl who learns to care for tea dragons. A quick one-sitting read. I’ll be passing this one onto my nine year old next.
- Mother Daughter Book Camp by Heather Vogel Frederick | Finished 2/18 | Hard to believe the book club is heading to college! This was a fun farewell story. I’ll miss this series.
- Lemony Snicket: The Unauthorized Autobiography by Daniel Handler | Finished 2/23 | This was cute. More of a scrapbook than a story. Fun for people who finished the book and the Netflix series and you need a Snicket fix. But it definitely does not stand on its own.
- Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett | Finished 3/1 | You’ve Got Mail meets Sleepless in Seattle for YA. I really enjoyed this. The characters had a lot of depth, the story felt unique but just the right amount of predictable. Couldn’t put it down.
- Island of the Aunts by Eva Ibbotson | Finished 3/9 | Fantastical, I loved reading about all the different creatures on the island.