This is my first time participating in the Friday’s Fave Five meme hosted by Living To Tell The Story, but the basic concept is pretty easy – list five favorite moments from the week, things that made you smile, things that were gooooood. A little power of positive thinking, anybody? Here are mine:
- Getting my latest ultrasound yesterday was awesome, if only because now I now that despite my total lack of weight gain, BB is apparently a little fatty at just over 5 pounds and all is well!
- The maintenance guy came and fixed our dryer today! I’m looking forward to normal dry cycles for next week’s laundry!
- My spaghetti bolognese came out awesome on Tuesday – it’s all about cooking the onions until they are golden brown so they are sweet and do their thing without being all in your face and oniony.
- The rousing success of teaching MM song and dance numbers like Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes and the Hokey Pokey – we also all played hide and seek yesterday after dinner which was too much freaking fun and involved a lot of time being silly with cardboard boxes! 🙂
- Meeting my new OB on Tuesday and scheduling the birth of little Baby Blueberry (July 21) could not be more exciting! And it’s such a relief to know where the new doctor’s office is, how to get there (I even went there without my GPS on Thursday!) and that the nurses and my new OB are really nice and helpful (not to mention that apparently my new health insurance just rocks) is all told, probably the best thing ever.
You know what’s really awesome? I could go on! But now it’s your turn – what were the best moments of your week?
It’s time for another Aloha Friday, the day that you take it easy and look forward to the weekend, in Hawaii and blog land anyway. As you should know by now, over at An Island Life, Kailani decided that on Fridays she would take it easy on posting and ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.
If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at An Island Life’s blog. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!
Lately MM has been very grumpy, irritable, restless. Despite his mother’s contentment with being a homebody, this kid is booooored. He’s bored with the routine and he wants to do something else now – he needs constant distractions. It’s made Dan and I grumpy, irritable and restless, too. The other day I was trying to keep MM preoccupied before bedtime while we waited for Dan – we like to do this bedtime routine together as a family – new diapers, pajamas, a story, all that – I don’t remember what was taking him so long but I do remember that MM was ready to jump ship and do this whole “bedtime thing” another day instead – what kid isn’t? So I’m trying to calm him down, distract him and convince him that bedtime isn’t the devil, when out of nowhere I start doing the hokey pokey. Just because.
I must be a genius or something because MM was immediately enthralled – he wanted to hokey pokey over and over. After about our 4th round of hokey pokey, I switched things up and we did head, shoulders, knees and toes. Another big hit – and I’m left thinking, “Why haven’t we sung these to him yet?” and “What other awesome distraction / song / dances am I forgetting?” Because this stuff is like activity gold – I don’t need to buy anything, grab any tools, or anything – I just have to remember all the dorky song and dance numbers from my youthful past.
So my Aloha Friday questions for you this week are:
- (If you are a parent or care provider for a little one) what songs, nursery rhymes etc. do you like to do together?
- What is your child’s favorite? What is yours? Feel free to include the words, etc. in case I don’t know them.
- Any other distraction tips for my grumpy, irritable, restless little one? I know, I know – I need to take him out more – did I mention I’m hugely 34 weeks pregnant and live on the third floor? I’m trying people!