It’s time for another Aloha Friday, the day that you take it easy and look forward to the weekend, in Hawaii and blog land anyway. As you should know by now, over at An Island Life, Kailani decided that on Fridays she would take it easy on posting and ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.
If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at An Island Life’s blog. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!
So, folks, we’re moving. We found an apartment (I honestly picked this apartment out ages ago, but we’ve seen it, we love it, they had an opening, the price was right and it’s ours), we put down the deposit, we’ve arranged to have my dear daddy help us with the move and now we’re in the process of hiring a moving company, the goal being that they will come in, pack us up and move us out. Then dear daddy, dear husband, dear son and dear me oh my will pile into our two vehicles and make the drive also. Sure we could ship the cars and fly, but I’m a bit tired of airports after The Interview Weekend and we’re trying to look at this as a mini vacation, since we’ll be too poor to take on this year now. The drive takes us through some pretty scenic areas, I’ve mapped it out, picked some hotels to stop at throughout the trip (which will take about 3 days, with 6 hours of driving time apiece, but you know with a three year old and a pregnant woman, we’ll be making some stops) and we’re pretty much good to go.
I know, is there anything I haven’t figured out? Aside from all the fun and adventures that will meet us on the other end, what I’d like to ask about is the process of moving, mainly, I want your best tips.
- Is there a long distance moving company you particularly love?
- What features would you look for first in such a company?
- Any tips on things I must get done before the moving company shows up?
- How about stuff I need to do before we leave town? I’ve thought of a bunch of stuff but knowing my pregnant brain I could be forgetting something major, so if you think of something, mention it, because maybe I haven’t yet.
- How about tips for traveling with a three year old and pregnant woman? Show of hands – who thinks I’m completely insane? 🙂
Have a great weekend!