I can feel the end of an era coming as my littlest gets bigger and bigger. Even the puppy is slowly turning into a regular old, gigantic, spazzy dog. In the fall my “baby” begins 4k and I’ll be finding myself with a handful of hours to myself each day. Next year, when she’s in kindergarten, that window of time will get even larger. Like “should I maybe get a job?” larger. I’ve gone back and forth in my mind about what I plan to do when the kids are both in school and the truth is, I just don’t know.
What I do know is that I really want to be there when they get off the bus each day which means “Mother’s Hours” wherever I decide to spend my time. I could volunteer in the class, find a part time job, work from home, spend my days in yoga pants at the gym or walking the dog or becoming the Domestic Goddess that I can’t seem to achieve with two kids in tow. Or something else entirely.
Because it’s Tuesday and I like making random lists, here are 10 things that I would like to when my kiddos are both School Kiddos:
- Write a novel or maybe a novella or maybe something else entirely. Creative writing of some kind.
- Read lots of other peoples’ novels and novellas and other creative writing endeavors and possibly edit them.
- Exercise, like every freaking day. Yoga classes, long walks, strength training, running perhaps?
- Go on long walks in beautiful places with my camera and not have a small child tugging on my arm while I click the shutter.
- Sit in a coffee shop and drink a cup of coffee and read a book instead of drinking my coffee as quickly as possible and telling my daughter to share the toys with the other kids and stop piling all the toy food on my table.
- Take the dog for a long walk every day or at least, much more often – explore dog parks together and enjoy some fresh air.
- Go grocery shopping all by myself. Nuff said.
- Take a shower and not be paranoid about how many minutes it’s been.
- Start reading a magazine and finish it in the same sitting.
- Do numbers 1-9 and still have ten minutes left over to meditate or watch crappy television before the kids come home.
You’ll notice that cleaning wasn’t anywhere on this list? I said things I would *like* to do, not things I’ll guilt trip myself into doing instead!
What’s on your mind today? Share your favorite things to do without kids in the comments section or just say hi and tell me something totally random!