I’m playing along with Mama Kat’s Love Tag which I think was technically made for you tube video blogs but I’m bad at following directions and awkward on video so this is probably for the best. Here are the directions for the tag according to Mama Kat:
What is love? What does it mean to you? In the love tag you will be sharing what you think about the Big L word by answering questions about your experiences and opinions!
And the questions are…
1. Do you believe in love at first sight? Not really, no. I think that initial crush at first sight can obviously lead to love but you can’t actually deeply love somebody that you just met. It takes a tiny bit longer.
2. What is your favorite love quote? This one is from the movie Juno which is probably one of my favorite movies:
Look, in my opinion, the best thing you can do is find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you, the right person is still going to think the sun shines out your ass. That’s the kind of person that’s worth sticking with. – Mac MacGuff (Juno’s dad)
3. Should we look for love, wait for love, or forget about love till it happens? I think you should forget but also keep one eye open, you know? Like don’t blatantly close yourself off to the concept but don’t sit there waiting for the pot to boil either. Live your life – do the things – love will find you where you are.
4. Does age matter in love? Not really no, but I think that as you get older you are bound to understand love differently. And part of this comes from life experience but I think part just comes from the maturity you gain as you get older. You can love at any age, but you’ll understand the love better as you get older imo.
5. How do you not get jaded by love? If you are in the thick of it and struggling: Remember that roads go both ways and that relationships require compromise and a fair amount of effort. Remember that you can still love someone when they are being a jerk and vice versa but you have to both be putting in the effort. If you are waiting for it to come: I know, the wait sucks. But hang in there and just focus on that you doing you part and feel free to mentally smack me if my advice is unhelpful. I can take it.
6. Describe what love is to you? Love means you choose that person every day. You value and respect them – you wait impatiently to share your stories with them and value their opinion on things. You still like them even when you hate them and you probably say mushy stuff like “they are my best friend” and “I like kissing them a bunch.”
7. Have you ever been in love? Yes. 🙂 For about ten years now.
8. What’s the difference between being in love with someone and having a crush? crushes are fleeting and come strong and heady but leave the same way. They feel like this intangible thing that you need to grasp but aren’t sure how to and you find yourself asking, “Do you think he’s the one?????” a lot because you haven’t figured out the difference yet.
9. What is your love language? Acts of Service followed very closely by Quality Time. Basically actions speak louder than words for me. According to The 5 Love Languages quiz:
Anything you do to ease the burden of responsibilities weighing on an “Acts of Service” person will speak volumes. The words he or she most want to hear: “Let me do that for you.” Laziness, broken commitments, and making more work for them tell speakers of this language their feelings don’t matter. Finding ways to serve speaks volumes to the recipient of these acts.
Here’s how all of the languages ranked in importance for me based on the quiz:
8 Acts of Service
7 Quality Time
6 Physical Touch
6 Words of Affirmation
3 Receiving Gifts
10. Do looks matter in love? Not really – it’s all kind of objective. They only matter in the sense that you should probably be attracted to them.
2 responses to “The Love Tag.”
This is great!
I love this! Great responses. Acts of service is my love language as well.