Outside my window: it’s snowing! It’s been coming down for awhile now and the weather man says we can expect another 4.5 inches of snow! I see very little chance of us not having a white Christmas at this point.
This weekend we: bought BB her first pair of snow boots so that she can start walking outside. My back has been hurting a lot lately and carrying her is not helping, I’m sure. She’s getting to be such a big girl!
We also: ran all of our usual errands, which is becoming less and less fun as it gets closer to Christmas. Seriously annoyed sometimes with all the awful traffic and crowds that accompany the holidays. It shouldn’t make people so harried, spending so much more money, etc. I wish the whole holiday were much simpler. I’ve tried pretty hard to keep things toned down this year and while I still feel like we got more than I intended, I think we managed to keep it simple and rooted in good things. Even better? Everything is purchased, wrapped and ready to go.
I am reading: A First Among Sequels (Thursday Next, Book 5) by Jasper Fforde, his books are always slow going for me but oh so enjoyable!
You should check out these fun & festive links:
- This s’mores hot cocoa recipe @ Our Best Bites looks absolutely divine! Drink some while having a s’mores cupcake from Smells Like Home.
- Two cute gift ideas from Cool Mom Picks: blank board books and color your own bookmarks for your lil’ book lovers.
- We’ve been on a coloring storm these past couple weeks. Here are some great places to find free printable coloring pages: kaboose.com , familyfun.go.com , wee folk art
- Love this! Have you seen Let it Dough! at The New York Times?
- Wild Olive linked to some great Free Christmas Music here.
- Thanks to How About Orange for linking to these cute printable gift tags by Orange You Lucky.
- Still trying to stuff your stockings? Life As Mom has some frugal stocking stuffer ideas for you.
- Make them gifts they’ll love, like: paper dolls, photo tea bag tags, garden stones, dress up felt board
- I bet Santa loves Soft & Delicious Ginger Molasses Cookies (recipe from Cooking with My Kid).
One last picture to share before I go: here’s a sweet snapshot of little BB in her tutu