I’m an award winner! My lovely bloggy friend Patrice @ Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman just awarded me with my very first ever bloggy award – how cool is that? So here’s it is, The Diamond Award:
Pretty huh? So the rules for accepting this award are pretty simple – first I mention it on my blog (check) then I award it to seven other bloggers! That should be both easy and hard at the same time – easy to think of seven brilliant bloggers, but HARD to narrow it down. But I’ll do my best.
- Jen @ Daily Mish Mash will be my first awardee. I am some kind of addicted to her Friday Eye Candy and love her blog in general. Brilliant blogger, yeah that would be her.
- Jenni @ Jiggety Jigg always cracks me up and has shown me at least one GOOD thing about Sarah Palin (which isn’t easy) – her SHOES. We can all appreciate good shoes, and Jenni is superb at things like that – you know, seeing the good in everyone and having fabulous taste in shoes. Brilliant.
- Karen @ Write From Karen hosts this weekly meme, Monday Mornings, which I always look forward to. She is funny and witty and so smart. She’s been very vocal lately about fact checking where this election is concerned which is so important. Karen is one of my very favorite bloggers and so deserving of The Diamond Award.
- Andrea @ Chocolate Fingerprints (formerly Simple Things): Andrea recently hosted this excellent Babywearing Carnival where she interviewed the makers of several fabulous baby carriers, charities involved in babywearing and even did giveaways! She also just got her own self hosted blog with her own domain name – which kind of inspired me to do the same. What better way to say thank you than give her this Diamond Award which she is so deserving of.
- Dana @ Supernanny Where Are You? is another of my favorite bloggers – you might know her weekly meme, Top 5 Tuesday – a few weeks ago she even let me choose the theme for that week’s meme which was so much fun if not completely nerve wrecking trying to pick a good one! She’s also always telling the best stories about her family and her job as a mail carrier – which is always always amusing, if you don’t believe me just check out this post. She recently switched to cloth diapers which I’m so planning to do with our next baby, so I’ve been loving all her posts about the transition.
- Kat @ Sunshine and Lemonade is one of my favorite blogs to peruse – she writes about everything and it’s always fun, hilarious and a general good time. Also, little known secret, I love her blog style. Sooooo fun and simple. Someday I hope my blog can be half as pretty as hers.
- Jennifer @ Snapshot runs one of my favorite blogs (in addition to her own) she’s the editor of 5 Minutes For Books. So everytime Tuesday when I’m blogging about kids books or classic books or what’s on my bookshelf, she’s basically the mastermind. And another Jennifer – seriously I think half my blogroll is comprised of Jennifers of some variety. Great minds have the same name?
So, in closing, thank you Patrice for this wonderful award. And thank you to my readers – you are my inspiration, my reason for blogging, and I couldn’t do it without you! (Well okay, I could, but it wouldn’t be as much fun…)
5 responses to “I’d Like To Thank My Parents, Caffeine, and RSS Feeds”
[…] must be some kind of record. I just won another award! I know I make it sound like there was voting or something. But, no, really, Jean @ Working […]
Thanks, Jen! I’m really excited about this award! On the downside, you know I’m going to check out some of these other bloggers that aren’t currently in my reader-like I need anymore blogs to stalk!
Yah! All these great blogs for me to check out, how utterly exciting. I really don’t get this blogging world. It’s like a the popular girls in school and I’m trying to infiltrate myself into their clique. It’s not working the way I would like, but MAN I am trying.
@ Patrice : Yes well I did this while my son napped – my one break in the day – I’m guessing you don’t really get those right now! haha
Wow can I just tell you how impressed I am that it took you no time to do this?!! It seriously took me forever!! Chelle gave me this award like way back in August!! LOL and it took you a day! Wow. I’ll definitely have to check out your winners I don’t know yet!