It’s time for another Aloha Friday, the day that you take it easy and look forward to the weekend, in Hawaii and blog land anyway. As you should know by now, over at An Island Life, Kailani decided that on Fridays she would take it easy on posting and ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.
If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at An Island Life’s blog. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!
In eleven days I am going to have a baby (planned second c-section for my non-regular readers) – I know, I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned this fact in every post I’ve written for the last month or so. At this point, that fact has become all consuming for me. And yet it still seems surreal. We’re going to be a family of four soon. I’m soon going to consider the pitiful excuse for a night’s sleep I’m getting now glorious in comparison. I’ll be reacquainting myself with nursing, changing the diapers of a non-solid food eating kiddo, and second guessing myself on the care of two children instead of just one. I’ll be orchestrating nap times on a continuous basis and recovering from major surgery.
So lately I’ve been busy thinking about all the things I might want to do now to get ready. And my husband has been the opposite in a lot of ways – “We can do that the week the baby is born,” is like his favorite sentence. Things like buying diapers and assembling furniture and installing the infant car seat. I’m not sure who is right. I’m not sure I’m remembering every little thing I should be obsessing over. So my Aloha Friday questions for you are…
- (If you have kids) What are the essential things I should make sure are done before I go in to have the baby – keeping in mind I’ll be in the hospital for about 4 days?
- What things can wait?
- What things should I do now while I have the chance, that don’t directly have to do with the baby?
- Is it okay to eat leftover lemon bars for lunch today?
- Any last minute tips on siblings?
- (If you don’t have kids) If you found out you were having a baby tomorrow, what would you do today?