Today we watched snow flakes falling from our balcony window while coloring pictures of elves and hanging paper snowflakes. I’m pretty sure that means the winter season is upon us even if my calendar might disagree. Each season lately I’ve been creating a list of goals to accomplish – not like “save x amount of dollars” or “work out every day” kind of goals, but more specific seasonal activities that I’d like to see happen before the weather turns again. It’s so easy to let time get away from us and some of those classic seasonal things can fall by the wayside if we let them.
In an effort to ensure a memorable winter that is chock full of savoring each moment, here are 10 goals for seasonal, festive fun in no particular order. Feel free to play along on your own blog!
- Make a holiday mix CD and teach MM the words to some of the classic holiday songs.
- Make snow angels, snowmen and do a bit of sledding with the kids.
- Decorate for the holidays using homemade ornaments and decorations and maybe some edible ones, too.
- Make my own wreath, maybe this fun holiday card wreath.
- Drink lots and lots of hot cocoa, apple cider and egg nog.
- Buy a marzipan stollen and other yummy holiday treats.
- Bake cookies for Santa and leave treats for the reindeer, too.
- Take a new family photo.
- Donate to charities, especially for the holidays.
- Read at least 10 books before spring.
What are your plans for this winter? Anything you think is missing from my list?