My bloggy friend Betsy shared ten nerdy things about herself last week and I felt compelled to play along because 1. nerd – check and 2. chance to talk about myself at great length, um, yes. If you play along, let me know so I can see if we’re samesies.
- If your house was burning down and you could only grab one book, which book would it be and why? Well hopefully I have my phone so I can read all the books on my kindle, but other than that I’d be torn between “whatever my book club is reading right now” (currently The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom) or a beloved favorite, perhaps one the kids will want to read, too, like Harry Potter, A Wrinkle in Time or gosh… I’d hate for Fangirl to get burned up or Gone With the Wind. Truthfully, I’d be most likely to burn in this fire deciding.
- When you get stuck into a really good book how long will it take you to read it? One or two days if I have spare time or lose the will power to choose cleaning / cooking / paying attention to my family over reading. A typical book takes me about 2 weeks to read though.
- Have you ever become totally obsessed with a book or a series of books before? Have we met? Um, yes. There was the time I read the entire Selection series by Kiera Cass in basically one sitting (the ones that had been published at the time anyway) or you known my entire tween years being consumed by The Babysitters Club. Truthfully, once I read a book in a series that I like, I’m going to keep reading. And I think we can all remember that day I read Fangirl.
- On average how many hours a week do you spend on the computer? I don’t even know how to answer this question without sounding pathetic.
- It is Saturday night and all your friends are going out to a party but on Monday morning you have a really important maths exam that you know you need to study for even though you will probably pass. Do you a) not study, go to the party and hope that you pass, b) study for an hour or so and meet your friends a bit later on or do you c) not go out and study hard so you are fully prepared for Monday mornings exam? Honestly, I can study on Sunday. I’d probably do B and study on Sunday also. I don’t know if College Jen would have agreed with this assessment but it seems obvious to me.
- Do you sometimes come across as anti-social in some situations? If so when? haha, um, yeah. I think that is an understatement. It’s more like, sometimes I don’t come across as anti-social and manage to function in society. I do fine when I know exactly what’s going on and my role in the situation but I don’t like being flung into new things where I’m expected to be friendly, too.
- What music do you love listening to that others would see as weird or totally uncool but you love anyway? I still legitimately watch American Idol and enjoy it, listen to Top 40 music a lot, and happily listen to the Frozen soundtrack with my kids. Basically my musical tastes haven’t changed much since junior high, though I actually listen to a lot of different kinds of music aside from this.
- Have you ever sat there and completely planned out your whole entire life? I love to plan things. I’ve planned out entire vacations that have never happened. Life is a little harder because the variables are always, always moving but I spend a lot of time planning small aspects of life.
- What TV shows are you obsessed with that other people think are so nerdy? Nerdy or dweeby? We could talk about the shows on ABC Family and the Disney Channel that I watch with or without the kids – dweeby. Or fave shows like Big Bang Theory, Sherlock, Doctor Who, Top Gear, etc – nerdy.
- Now say three other nerdy facts about you. 1) Sometimes I write my blog posts entirely in the HTML editor. 2) I still feel a little guilty that I’m using Windows 8 instead of Linux. 3 ) I sometimes hide my Sherlock coffee mug when company is coming over because I’m afraid it will get broken or used by someone other than me. Wait, is that nerdy or just lame?
3 responses to “10 nerdy things about me.”
[…] You aren’t seeing double: This was cross posted at Jen’s personal blog. […]
I think this post pretty much sums up my nerdism as well. I almost couldn’t think of anything else that would be different doesn’t mean it will stop me from doing it.
Love your answers!! That first one made me laugh out loud! I think that you and I would get along really well in real life 😉