My little girl is barely a little girl today. Today she is five. The next time a cashier at the store asks her how old she is, she’ll be able to hold up ALL FIVE FINGERS. This blows my mind, completely. She has grown up so much over the past year, learning so many things, pushing so many buttons, reaching for the sky and dancing just constantly. She surprises and delights us and frustrates and tests us and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
5 Things about Five
- She starts kindergarten in the fall, meaning both my kiddos will be going to school full day this year. What am I going to do with all that extra time? Will this be the year I
write the great American novelget a job?
- She is potty trained guys. I was starting to think it would never happen but like every child on this planet before her, it was bound to happen eventually. This means that for the first time in eight years, I’m not potty training or changing diapers for anyone. WHAT?
- She can write her name and count to 100. She has better handwriting than her brother and I think there is even a chance she might be the Smart One. I think she’s known this since she was born and we’re all just catching up.
- She is growing FAST. She has gone up two or three shoe sizes in the past year and is pretty much ready to leave the toddler clothing behind. Compared to MM who could wear a 5T until he was 6 and a half, this is momentous.
- When she grows up, BB tells me that she wants to be a Pirate Queen and a Doctor. Not one of the three, ALL of them. And if you know BB, you know that she probably can do all of these things and more and anyone who suggests otherwise had better watch out.
Happy birthday (not a) baby girl! We love you so much!