I’ve been having a season of book hoarding – great books coming at me at discounts I can’t pass up because: books. It’s the usual song and dance number: so many books, so little time. Right now I have some sure to be amazing books waiting to get in line for an opportunity to be The Next Book Jen Goes Fangirl Over.
- Yes Please by Amy Poehler – honestly how did I manage to buy this one and not read it immediately?
- The Woman Who Died A Lot by Jasper Fforde – the latest in the Thursday Next series. The last book was possibly the best to date so I’m pretty eager to see how this one stacks up.
- Geek Mom by Natania Barran – I’ve been referencing her blog like crazy so I couldn’t resist picking up a copy of her book which is actually a group effort, much like the blog.
- Veronica Mars: Kiss and Tell by Rob Thomas – I actually loved the first spin off book so I’m looking forward to book two. How have I not read this yet??
- The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion – Sequel to the Rosie Project, sure to be outstanding.
- The Color of Magic (Discworld Book 1) by Terry Pratchett because it’s time. It’s absurd that I haven’t read this series yet.
- Paper Towns by John Green – because I’ve been saying for forever that I need to read something else by John Green.
- The Happiness Project by Gretchin Rubin – I even started this one but had to put it down for a book club book and haven’t picked it back up yet and it’s making pouty faces at me about it.
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak because I’m the only person left on the planet that hasn’t read this yet.
- Twisted Sisters by Jen Lancaster because I haven’t met a book by Jen Lancaster that I didn’t love and this shouldn’t be sitting unread on my nightstand. Period.