I’m linking up with Mama Kat this week for her pretty much world famous Writer’s Workshop. Each week she gives a list of writing prompts and the rest is up to you. I’m doing prompt #6 this week, which was to play along with her This or That Halloween tag which you can also find here.
So without further ado…
1. Chocolate candy or fruity? pretty much chocolate all the way
2. Witches or Vampires? I’ve got to admit, both are compelling but for Halloween costume purposes and also because of my Salem Witch Trials heritage, I’m going to go with witch.
3. Trick or Treat? Um treat obviously. Don’t try to trick me!
4. Halloween Party or Scary Movie? Halloween party if only because I hate scary movies, but I might be too shy to come in costume. And my husband will absolutely not wear a costume. Can we just hide behind our adorable children?
5. Skeletons or Zombies? I guess skeletons? But I don’t really have a major opinion on this one.
6. Trick-or-Treat or Hand Out Candy? Whatever, dude. I usually end up doing a mix of both. I remember loving trick or treating as a kid, but as a grown up, I’ll be honest – it’s kind of weird to walk around the neighborhood while your kid begs for candy that you probably wouldn’t pay for any other day of the week. And that you’ll be finding ways to get rid of a week later.
7. Hay Ride or Corn Maze? Corn maze. Hay rides stress me out because I’m weird and there are no seat belts.
8. Scary Costume or Funny Costume? I’d personally prefer funny, my seven year old seems to have a new obsession with scary or “creepy” costumes. So I may need to get on board with that.
9. Pumpkin Seeds or Pumpkin Pie? Um pie, obviously. Who would choose seeds over a pie?
10. Bottle Feed A Baby Zombie or Walk Alone Through A Dark Forest? I’ll take my chances with the dark forest.
11. Bats or Black Cats? Black cats but I can’t pick them up and cuddle them like I want to because I’m allergic. But at least they are adorable and not creepy rodents that sleep upside down.
12. Pumpkin Spice or hot chocolate? hot chocolate all the way
13. Celebrate in your neighborhood or at the mall? The only thing worse than trick or treating is trick or treating at the mall. Sorry not sorry. I’ll stick with my neighborhood.
Your turn! Let me know if you are playing along, so I can come visit and check out your post!