Now that summer is in full swing I’ve definitely had less time to keep up with my dear old blog. I know you guys have probably been missing me so I figured I’d check in and let you know what we’ve been up to out in the real world.
- We’ve been keeping busy indulging in old fashioned summer fun like sidewalk chalk:
2. Visiting family back home and basically eating our way across central Massachusetts. Ice cream was had often, sugary cereals were purchased by doting grandparents and the world’s prettiest cupcake was discovered:
3. Getting hair cuts for the summer. Miss BB got the shortest hair cut she’s had in years and she’s kind of in her glory over it. I can’t stop squealing about how cute she looks either:
4. The kids have been in swim lessons all week and even the dog enjoyed some water fun, err well okay fine he went to the groomer but he was basically the happiest dog on the block riding in the back seat with the kids:
I enjoy swim lessons, too, but more in a sitting in the semi shade, curled up with a good book and enjoying some quiet time for thirty minutes:
5. Speaking of good books: Right now I’m reading A Circle of Quiet by Madeline L’Engle (fitting title, no?) which I actually started reading during swim lessons last summer and then forgot it in my beach bag all year. It’s been a happy reunion and this year I’m determined to finish it:
The kids are reading, too. We’ve been stocking up on good reads at the library and filling in our Summer Reading Bingo sheets:
Yesterday the kids picked up these summer reading lists at Chick Fil A. They are excited to fill in their next three reads so we can go back soon for free peach milkshakes!
What have you been up to this month?