It’s halfway through April and I thought it might be a good time to link up with Anne @ Modern Mrs. Darcy and share the books I’ve been reading lately. It seems like it takes about two months for me to read enough books to justify a new post and I am making my peace with that.
This year I am trying to attend to the backlog of books I already own, which is hardly a big sacrifice because I got 99 problems and 97 of them are too many books. Such problems, I know.
Right now I’m about halfway through Renegades by Marissa Meyer. I’m not sure what took me so long to start this one, but I’m glad I finally cracked it open (clicked it open? #kindlelife). As much as I liked Heartless, it didn’t really hold a candle to The Lunar Chronicles. This one though, I am hooked. It’s super heroes vs. villians in another futuristic dystopia with all the world building goodness that I love from Meyer.
Here are the other books I’ve finished since I last linked up.
- Mother Daughter Book Camp by Heather Vogel Frederick | Finished 2/18 | Hard to believe the book club is heading to college! This was a fun farewell story. I’ll miss this series.
- Lemony Snicket: The Unauthorized Autobiography by Daniel Handler | Finished 2/23 | This was cute. More of a scrapbook than a story. Fun for people who finished the book and the Netflix series and you need a Snicket fix. But it definitely does not stand on its own.
- Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett | Finished 3/1 | You’ve Got Mail meets Sleepless in Seattle for YA. I really enjoyed this. The characters had a lot of depth, the story felt unique but just the right amount of predictable. Couldn’t put it down.
- Island of the Aunts by Eva Ibbotson | Finished 3/9 | Fantastical, I loved reading about all the different creatures on the island.
- I Hate Everyone But You by Gaby Dunn | Finished 3/12 | A long distance BFF friendship story told through texts and emails over the course of one year of college. Not my favorite read, but oddly fascinating in a fly on the wall kind of way.
- Happiness for Beginners by Katherine Center | Finished 3/19 | I loved this. Bingeable and delicious but also real and with plenty of depth and character growth. I’ll definitely be checking out her other books.
So what are you reading right now?