Well, since PackRat has decided it hates me and doesn’t WANT to hook a sister up with some swim fins or sandals, I thought I’d post Karen @ Write From Karen‘s Monday Morning meme – it looks to be a good one. I didn’t think I’d have time to post again today but we decided to nix going out again and just relax for a bit, and now MM is napping and PackRat is being a jerk, so let’s get this party started, shall we?
September 1st Questions:
1. If you mixed up the letters in the name of your blog, what new name would you come up with? (Anagram fun website – http://wordsmith.org/anagram/) Now take your favorite anagram and tell us what sort of blog it might be based on that title.
There were quite a few good ones, like Bag Slam Tool Mom, Mama Mobs Go Toll, Atlas Mob Log Mom (this one is my favorite), Llama Sob Got Mom, Saga Mob Toll Mom… and yes I’m noticing a theme – I’m guessing anyway you go I become a Mob Mom perhaps in an Atlas Mob – like they steal atlases maybe? or sob over llamas. It’s an ugly world out there in anagram land.
2. What three sounds do you love? Okay, now tell us WHY you love these sounds.
I love the sound of my son’s laughter, really his voice in general. It’s amazing to think that little man, who is so funny and smart and absolutely heart wrenchingly loveable, came from me – that I made that. That was me.
I also love opera music, like in Phantom of the Opera – just that deep dramatic echoing of feeling that you hear in a lot of those songs, it’s like they are daring you to try not to feel what they are feeling – and know you will fail if you try. I love any song that just immediately sucks you into their emotions like that. It’s amazing.
I love the sound of a cat purring – you know it means they are oh so happy and content. Growing up we always had a cat in the house (I didn’t know I was allergic then) so I’ve always loved cats and obviously prefer they be happy than not. 🙂
3. What is it about you that makes everyone want to know you? Wait, you’re not done yet. Now tell us WHY that one particular thing? What makes that element of yourself so special? (Come on, don’t be shy. This is your opportunity to write about something positive about yourself).
Okay THIS is a hard question and I’m feeling all chicken shit, like I don’t want people to be like, “Actually Jen, I’ve never thought that about you.” Or, “Gosh, Jen, could you be more conceited.” Yes. I could be a lot more conceited, btw. But, um, I have noticed that people seem to find me funny and a lot of people never expect me to be as funny as I am (I’m not like saying I’m ape shit funny or anything, just that my level of funniness often seems to surprise people. I think I come across as awfully sweet and unassuming, but I have a very snarky sense of humor, often, and when I’m comfortable around people I often let that show, in addition to my stellar self deprecating humor and you know all that other funny shit I say.
Am I wrong?
4. What is the oldest thing you own? What is the newest?
The newest thing I own (this is easier to remember as I just bought it about 2 hours ago) is a brand spanking new CD player for my car. Our old one broke yesterday, much to our dismay since we’re going on vacation in FOUR days, but after getting nervous and complaining, we went to Circuit City, and realized a basic CD player is not as much as I would have guessed and that they have come a long way since 2003, when I last bought one. We got this amazing little Sony that has a cable hooked up for my iPod as well as an auxilary jack thing for any other kind of MP3 player and you know all that other cool stuff. It’s way nicer than the old one and the process of getting it was nearly painless, apart from that sudden lack of $200 once all was said and done. Good thing we’ve been cutting down our spending!
Let’s see, the oldest thing though? Gosh, I’m not sure… Most of our furniture is very old, like at least as old as me, ditto with a lot of our plates and glasses, etc. A lot of those things we inherited from our parents, and since they are at least as old as we are, they must be the oldest things we own…
Hey, look at that, I finished! And while I was in the middle of picking my 3rd favorite sound, I found a swim fin over at PackRat and managed to vault a set! And you probably have no idea what that means, but trust me, it was exciting. 🙂 Don’t forget to link up at Write From Karen if you fill out this meme, too!
3 responses to “Monday Morning in the Afternoon”
Those are some great questions! Here goes:
1. Fanned Spoof or Fanned Poofs are two of the funniest ones LMAO! And Sane Fond Fop was a good one 😉 Fan Fed Snoop might be applicable.
2. Led Zeppelin; rain; ocean waves. Zep cause they rock, rain cause it’s soothing, waves cause they’re powerful 🙂
3. hahahah um…pretty hair? Cause people like pretty hair?
4. My grandmother’s diary from 1910 would be the oldest thing I own; the newest thing would be the literature I got at a meeting tonight!
Fun meme!!! So you’re going to be a mob mom, huh? Nice 🙂
Also, thanks for your input about my sister’s stuff! I’m totally there with you as far as not really buying bags. Thanks again!
lol… it’s hard to say nice things about ourselves, isn’t it??
You did good.