For this week’s My Husband Rocks, I just want to take some time to pay tribute and recall moments of DH history. The host of MHR, Katy Lin @ The Great Adventure posted this little meme all about how well you know your husband a few days ago and I thought it would be perfect for my post today.
This is an old shot of him shortly after we started dating…
Here’s on of us together:
1. Sitting in front of the TV, what’s on the screen? Fringe, Bones or the Sarah Connor Chronicles; or as an old standby, he also likes The Simpsons, Family Guy & Mythbusters
2. You’re out to eat; what kind of dressing does he get on his salad? Something simple like Ranch or Caesar
3. What’s one food he doesn’t like? wax beans – there are others but he isn’t a terribly picky eater (unlike me)
4. You go out to a bar. What does he order? Guinness
5. Where did he go to high school? St Johns – local catholic school for the boy genius
6. What size shoe does he wear? I’m pretty sure it’s 12 or 13 depending on the shoe
7. If he was to collect anything, what would it be? computer parts 😛
8. What is his favorite type of sandwich? an Italian sub on wheat bread with everything, lots of hots
9. What would this person eat everyday if he could? I’m not sure he’d eat anything every day but some things he loves are salt and vinegar potato chips, popcorn, cold cut sandwiches (like the one in question eight) and Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken
10. What is his favorite cereal? He likes those healthy cereals mostly but he’d rather have eggs – he makes himself a mean omelet and several other egg dishes most mornings.
11. What would he never wear? a Halloween costume if he could avoid it (much to my dismay)
12. What is his favorite sports team? He’s really not a huge sports nut but like any good New Englander he likes the Red Sox and the Patriots
13. Who will he vote for? John McCain
14. Who is his best friend? He has several really good friends, as there is nobody on this planet who doesn’t like my husband, but this nut comes to mind as the probable bestie:
Jimmy was the best man in our wedding and the best goofball we know.
He just moved very, very far away and we miss him a lot.
15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn’t do? I’m sure there are a lot of things, like not moving the seat back when I get out of the car (he’s so much taller than me he physically can’t get in with the seat set for me), reading late late at night and keeping him up because of it? ::shrugs:: Honey if there’s something I don’t know about, feel free to clue me in. 😛
16. How many states has he lived in? Just the one I think
17.What is his heritage? Wampanoag (Native American) and I think also some French and Irish and probably other things as well but those I think are the big ones.
18. You bake him a cake for his birthday, what kind of cake? chocolate cake with either cream cheese or butter cream frosting. But he’d rather I bake him my chocolate chip cookies. 🙂
19. Did he play sports in high school? Maybe a bit, but nothing major – he’s very outdoorsy and not really into competitive sports – so he wouldn’t likely try out for varsity but he could swim laps around probably anyone except maybe Michael Phelps.
20. What could he spend hours doing? playing on his laptop doing “linux stuff”
21. Does he belong to any men’s organizations? Not that I’m aware. He was in the IEEE, but that’s not exclusively male, just stereotypically.
Okay and now for some more pictures because I went to all the trouble to upload them. 🙂