This week’s Thursday Thunks is all about Halloween, childhood, popcorn & toothpaste. And other stuff, too, but seriously if you need to know more than that, just read my darned post. Geez.
- Would you let your children go Trick or Treating at Michael Jackson’s house? Probably not. I plan to go trick or treating with my children (my son is only 2 this year, so we haven’t had much experience with it yet) and I certainly don’t want to meet Michael Jackson or fly to wherever he lives, so I’m thinking we’ll skip it.
- Did you eat paste and/or glue as a child? No, is this something that’s common? I thought it was kind of like having eaten paint chips as a child.
- Look at the wall to your right, what is on it? lots of pictures, a shelf with more pictures and figurines and my son’s toy tool bench.
- Do you put butter and/or salt on your popcorn? I really only like kettle corn which I tend to buy in bags so I don’t add anything to it.
- What does your favorite coffee cup look like? It’s sitting right in front of me at the moment, actually, white with red polka dots and the inside rim reads, “Whoever smiles first wins.”
- What was your favorite Halloween costume? Nothing specific comes to mind. I’ve almost always been some variation of a witch or similar. I was a cowboy one year which was very fun and at a time in my life where I could wear brown pleather pants, so that’s always exciting and unlikely to ever happen again.
- Toilet Paper – hard, soft, extra soft? Are there really people out there who like hard toilet paper? What does that even mean? Basically cheap non-soft I’m guessing? I like it as soft and durable as possible please. Oh and if it could be inexpensive, that’d be great, too.
- Have you ever rescued/taken in a stray animal? My dad and I have taken in a couple of stray cats, but it’s not something we are in the habit of. Most of his recent cats have been from the local animal shelter in our neighborhood – my husband’s family tends to get their dogs there also and we’ll probably go there for our first non-hamster pet, if we are still in the area because all the pets we’ve known from there are wonderfully good tempered animals.
- Name 3 things you want your kids to learn before they grow up. (if you don’t have kids, feel free to skip this one or add your own twist to the question) I just answered this question in seriousness on Tuesday, so today I’ll go for a bit sillier response. 1) I’d like him to learn to use the potty. 2) If he could learn to properly say elephant and W that would be great. Although Ap-oh-booze is pretty funny, it sounds like apple juice and not really like elephant or W at all. 3) He really aught to learn the difference between a hug and a kiss soon, less he be considered the world’s hugest liberal flirt in the nation.
- Pick one of the Thursday Thunk players and say something about them. Well my bestie Ang @ Red Knows How introduced me to Thursday Thunks so it’s only fitting I choose her. I’ll refrain from simply writing, “something about them,” even though that’d be pretty funny, she deserves oh so much more than that. Red, you are one of my very besties. I love that we can talk constantly or only once a year and our friendship never suffers for it. I love that our friendship isn’t frail like so many others, not at risk constantly for hurt feelings or “how comes” – that it’s real and durable to the changes of time. I hope we can be old ladies together, even if we are nowhere near each other (though it would be awesome if we were not far away then).
6 responses to “I Thunk I Can, I Thunk I Can…”
Oh those are some great answers and lol at the 9th one, and lol i didn’t realize I had used you as my last question answer lol…not that it’s really important and I just find random things funny lol.
I think maybe if they gave me airfare & hotel to go to MJ’s house I’d take the fam no problem ’cause lord only knows who lives in his neighborhood!
Hard toilet paper; I’ll be giggling about that all day!
@ Scrappy Girl : Seriously!
trick or treating at Micheal Jackson’s house…now that is scary!
Great answers! I like the what the cup says.